This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary:
Safely assist drivers and other employees in the collection of solid waste materials from a residential truck.
* Collect solid waste/recyclable materials from customer premises and/or from the curbside if applicable.
* Load solid waste into the rear or side of waste collection vehicle
* Sort recyclables and deposit materials into the appropriate compartments in collection truck if applicable.
* Assist driver in safe operation of the vehicle by directing the driver in backing up the vehicle and in close space maneuvering.
* Operate equipment on truck to compact trash/materials into vehicle.
* Audit waste collection vehicle for proper equipment prior to leaving branch (i.e., broom, shovel, etc.).
* Report all customer related problems to driver immediately
* Identify, tag and notify driver of prohibited waste items and remove the items from the waste cart or can.
* Follow all safety and equipment checks and precautions in performance of all duties. Comply with all federal, state, local and company rules on safety and vehicle operation.
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) desired, but not required.
* One (1) to three (3) months related experience and/or training desired, but not required.
* Valid state driver's license preferred, but not required.
* Must pass drug screening and a criminal background check
Waste Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable employees to perform their jobs.