Helper Millwright 9/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Top Helper Millwright
Full time Local Candidate Preferred
Assists Millwright in installing, dismantling, and or moving machines, conveyors, and other specified equipment.
* Drill holes.
* Measure, cut and install hangers, using hand tools and ladders.
* Install and dismantle machines and equipment, using crowbars, chain falls, hoists, and wrenches.
* Clean work area and restock supplies and materials as necessary.
* Load, transport, unload, and furnish Millwright with materials, tools, equipment, and supplies.
* Assist in lifting, positioning, and securing of materials and work pieces during installation.
* Perform minor maintenance or cleaning activities of tools and equipment.
* Performs other duties as directed by experienced craft personnel.
* Repeat tasks of short duration according to a set procedure.
* Detect, recognize and respond to dangerous conditions or situations if observed.
* Regular attendance is required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort:
Conditions include working in shop, busy traffic areas, warehouses, and undeveloped properties, with frequent exposure to dirt, dust, grease, oil, vibrations and conditions. Must be able to safely access all areas of property, buildings, structures, wharves, rooftops and other elevated positions, as well as, confined spaces. Must be able to effectively use all required PPE equipment and lift up to fifty pounds. Strenuous physical demands are required to safely perform the essential functions associated with this position. Must be able to safely operate all involved equipment and tools. Must be capable of standing for long periods of time, bending consistently, working in confined spaces with limited access, on ladders, in personnel lifts, in workboots and working in awkward body positions.
*Nothing in this job description restricts the Company s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.