Hematopathologist - AMP - Teterboro, NJ
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we are seeking an Board Certified AP/CP hematopathologist for our Teteroro, NJ location.
Reporting directly to the Medical Director of Anatomic Pathology, East Region, this position is at the Pathologist level with responsibilities for the daily operations of the Hematopathology group.
This position will ensure continuous business growth of EAP in NJ through constant delivery of Hematopathology services, and assume Clinical Consultant or Technical Supervisor responsibilities as delegated; approving test method selection and validation, overseeing proficiency testing and monitoring quality control.
Pathologists are responsible for interpreting and reporting results from a variety of anatomic and clinical pathology assays, with the highest quality possible for the Hematology laboratories. This includes accountability for meeting established quality and productivity measures and working together collaboratively with Operations to coordinate testing and reporting. This position also requires frequent interaction with clients to provide clinical and pathological consultations. Regular participation in quality control, quality assurance, compliance, marketing and staff education are also required.
Assume Technical Supervisor responsibilities at the Teterboro Lab as delegated by the Laboratory Director Responsibilities Policy:
* Reads and interprets results for medical use accurately and in a timely manner.
* Routinely communicates with supervisors/managers and technical staff to ensure smooth completion of operational expectations.
* Available to customers, client services and staff for client consultations.
* Collection of medical information required for interpretations.
* Case follow-up, documentation and database management
* Resolves problems through interaction with clients via phone call or other means of communication.
* Insures ethical and legal compliance regarding testing and confidentiality.
* Participates in the development of educational materials for staff as well as serves as a resource for technical staff.
* Actively participates in the Hematology-Oncology Communications meetings.
* Assists Marketing and Sales to promote testing related to hematology-oncology testing.
* Education of staff and community as directed
* Utilizing laboratory procedures, diagnoses from body tissue, fluids, secretions, and other specimens, the presence and stage of diseases. Reviews, interprets, documents and approves clinical test results within established turnaround times.
* Honors requests for consultations from clinicians regarding the appropriateness and interpretation of laboratory tests. Due to the importance of quality patient care, servicing consultation requests of all types is considered imperative.
* Interacts with Clinical Correlations staff. Reviews potential reference ranges for all new analytes in areas of assigned expertise. Responsible for reference range memoranda for appropriate tests.
* Interacts with internal (Client Services, Lab Services, Sales and Marketing) and external clients to facilitate and foster increased transfer of information related to medicine at Quest Diagnostics. Works closely with Sales staff throughout Quest Diagnostics to provide appropriate medical support as required.
* Attendance at National meetings in areas of assigned expertise to maintain/build knowledge and to provide representation for Quest Diagnostics
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Requirements:
* MD or DO with Anatomic And Clinical Board Certification.
* NJ license required with current, active license preferred
* Sub-specialty expertise in Hematopathology with Board Certification is required. Additional training and/or experience with Flow Cytometry is desired
* NY COQ's in Hematopathology is required
* A high profile publication record is desirabled
* Possess a broad knowledge of clinical medicine, basic medical sciences, clinical laboratory sciences, and operations.
* Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
* Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
* Personal adaptability and ability to lead change.
* Capability to provide leadership and direction in a fast-paced and complex operating environment.
* Passion for patient care and services.
* Strong presentation, public relations and communications skills.
* Ability to develop relationships with key stakeholders and influence those involved in making major decisions that impact the EAP businesses
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
* Strength in responding to common inquires or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
* Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conforms to prescribed style and format.
Competitive base salary
Performance based Bonus Program
Employee Stock and Equity Plans
Extremely competitive Time off with Pay benefit
Health Insurance Programs
401(k) & fully vested company matching contributions
Life / Disability Insurance
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.