High Performance ARM Physical Design Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
We are developing the next generation high performance ARM core which is targeting the server market. We are looking for experienced physical design engineers with creativity, initiative, and the ability to discover innovative solutions as we solve the puzzle of maximizing performance within a strict power budget. We work closely with the chip architects and are responsible for the physical implementation of the multi GHz ARM core starting from the released RTL until delivery to the chip integration team of a production ready core. We are located in Santa Clara, California.
* Collaborate with architects to optimize performance per watt
* Ownership of a CPU core block from RTL delivery to foundry ready oasis database
* Coordinate with logic design team in writing timing constraints, analyze timing violations and implement timing fixes while minimizing power.
* Total engineering minimum experience required is typically a BS degree and 9 years of experience, an MS degree and 6 years of experience or a PhD and 3 years of experience
* Experience implementing sub16nm high frequency designs using leading edge EDA synthesis, P&R, and power tools
* Strong scripting skills
* Working knowledge of the fundamentals of P&R including implementation techniques for optimizing frequency, circuits, and foundry design rules
* Basic knowledge of semi-conductor physics and high frequency circuit techniques
* Experience optimizing performance per watt
* Excellent communication and people skills are a must as we are a small team looking for individuals willing build a future together.
IF YOU ARE LOCATED OUTSIDE USA, PLEASE BE SURE TO FILL OUT A HOME ADDRESS AS THIS WILL BE USED FOR FUTURE CORRESPONDENCE.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.