High School Equivalency (HSE) Instructor (Day)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/22/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
SUNY System Administration
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY High School Equivalency (HSE) Instructor (Day)
The SUNY North Bronx Career Counseling and Outreach Center, located in Bronx, New York, seeks a High School Equivalency (HSE) Instructors as part of a professional team of faculty and staff that provides quality classroom instruction to non-traditional, adult learners in a positive educational environment. Students must be prepared to pass the New York State TASC High School Equivalency Exam.
A part time morning Instructor is sought to teach English, Reading, and Writing 10.5 hours per week for 3 days while also being well versed in applicable subject areas.
* Develop course curriculum and syllabus
* Develop individual student academic goals and objectives.
* Monitor student progress through weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
* Integrate technology into classroom instruction utilizing state-of-the-art computer lab and distance learning techniques.
* Maintain disciplined learning environment that promotes positive student-instructor and student-student interactions and teamwork.
* Administer and grade all quizzes, practice tests and mid-term/final exams in timely fashion.
* Input daily attendance and grades into the Student Data System (BANNER).
* Provide periodic student evaluations to ensure completions of assignments and promote student achievement.
* Participate in team meetings with faculty and staff to identify any early warning signs or need for additional student support services.
* Leadership skills in a professional/community based, educational institution
* Ability to work with and relate to non-traditional, culturally diverse, adult learners with a wide range of life experiences
* Ability to work on a professional team of faculty/staff committed to student success
* Strong verbal and written communication skills with a passion for teaching
* Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree in Education preferred
* A minimum of five years of classroom instruction and experience in an educational setting (internships may be considered)
* Sound knowledge of subject matter and ability to teach according to various student learning styles
* Experience with non-traditional adult learners
* Knowledge of new High School Equivalency (HSE) Test and New York State Core Teaching Standards preferred
Interested candidates are invited to apply online at www.suny.edu/SUPEmployment. The Search Committee will begin the review of applications immediately and continue until the position is filled.
State University of New York System Administration is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction, or retaliation.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/pqvrfvtkhg