Highway Engineer I/II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/22/2016
Hatch Mott MacDonald
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Highway Engineer (1 to 3 years of experience)
Responsibilities include highway design, contract document development, and technical writing.
* Assists in the preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, studies, and designs for project.
* Compiles and computes a variety of engineering data.
* May conduct tests or experiments requiring selection and adaption or modifications of equipment or procedures; records data; analyses data and prepares reports.
* Evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
* Extracts engineering data from various prescribed sources; processes the data following well-defined methods; and presents the data in prescribed form.
* Gathers and maintains specified records of engineering data such as tests, drawings, etc.
* Performs computations by substituting numbers in specified formulas, plots data and draws curves and graphs.
* Reviews various Shop Drawings for projects.
* Assists in the preparation of preconstruction cost estimates / engineer s estimates for projects.
The ideal candidate must have a BS or MS in Civil Engineering and 1 to 3 years highway design experience, including roadway drainage/grading.
* A New Jersey EIT is preferred.
* Experience with NJDOT or New Jersey Turnpike Authority is preferred.
* Knowledge of NJDOT Utility Accommodation Process and Environmental Permitting is a plus.
* Proficiency with MicroStation and InRoads is required.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals.