Histotechnician II - Night, Indianapolis, IN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Histotechnician II - Night, Indianapolis, IN.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 10pm - 6:30am, Night Shift
*Salary dependent upon experience*
REQ # 3763261
1. Under general supervision and according to policies and procedures, performs routine and non-routine activities involved in the preparation of slides, for microscopic evaluation by pathologist(s)
2. Capable of performing all of the duties/responsibilities of a Histotechnician I.
3. Ensure proper accessioning and labeling of all tissue samples.
4. Process paperwork associated with accessioning and reporting.
5. Ensure proper tissue processing.
6. Embed processed tissue in paraffin.
7. Perform microtomy of embedded tissue.
8. Prepare slides for routine Hematoxylin and Eosin staining.
9. Perform cover slipping of stained slides either manually or automated
10. Prepare solutions and reagents for special stain procedures.
11. Perform limited special stain procedures, under general supervision.
12. Perform filing of finished blocks and slides.
13. Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment and troubleshoot minor equipment failures. Document remedial actions such as repairs and repeated tests.
14. Adhere to laboratory's quality control policies, and document all quality control activities.
15. Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and quality assurance standards are met.
16. Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP regulations.
17. Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
18. Other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
Education: AA or AS degree or equivalent training and experience
Special Requirements: HT (ASCP) or ASCP eligible or five years of full time experience in the last 10 years
Key Word Search: tissue processing, embedding, microtomy, Hematoxylin, Eosin, stain, coverslip, slides.
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.