Histotechnologist II - Night, Marlborough, MA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Histotechnologist II - Night, Marlborough, MA.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 11pm 7:30am, Night Shift
*Salary dependent upon experience*
REQ # 3763628
Job Title: Histotechnologist II
AA, AS or BS degree or equivalent training and experience
HT (ASCP) or HTL (ASCP)
3-6 years experience as a Histotechnologist I
Demonstrates knowledge of and can perform IHC testing. Qualification in Immunohistochemistry (QIHC) obtained through ASCP is preferred.
Meets all requirements as outlined in corporate Minimum Qualifications for Histotechnician SOP.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs routine and non-routine activities involved in the preparation of slides for microscopic evaluation by pathologist(s), according to policies and procedures.
2. Capable of performing all of the duties/responsibilities of a Histotechnician I/II and a Histotechnologist I.
3. Ensure proper accessioning and labeling of all tissue samples.
4. Process paperwork associated with accessioning and reporting.
5. May perform gross tissue examination (high complexity testing) if meets personnel qualifications set forth by the 1988 CLIA CFR 493.1489 and the corporate Minimum Qualifications for Personnel Performing Gross Tissue Examinations SOP.
6. Ensure proper tissue processing.
7. Embed processed tissue in paraffin.
8. Perform microtomy of embedded tissue.
9. Prepare slides for routine Hematoxylin and Eosin staining.
10. Perform coverslipping of stained slides either manually or automated.
11. Prepare solutions and reagents for special stain procedures.
12. Obtain and validate control tissue used in special stains.
13. Perform all special stain procedures.
14. May prepare solutions and reagents for IHC procedures.
15. May obtain and validate control material used in IHC procedures.
16. May perform IHC testing.
17. Perform filing of finished blocks and slides.
18. Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment.
19. Provide training and guidance to Histotechnicians/Histotechnologists, students and lab aides.
20. ADHERE TO LABORATORY S QUALITY CONTROL POLICIES, AND DOCUMENTS ALL QUALITY CONTROL ACTIVITIES; HAS THE ABILITY TO RECOGNIZE OUTLIERS AND CORRECT THEM.
21. DIFFERENTIATE ACCEPTABLE AND UNACCEPTABLE PROCESSING, EMBEDDING, CUTTING AND STAINING OF TISSUE SPECIMENS.
22. MAY BE REQUIRED TO DEVELOP, EXECUTE, OR VALIDATE NEW PROCEDURES.
23. CAPABLE OF IDENTIFYING PROBLEMS THAT MAY AFFECT TEST PERFORMANCE OR REPORTING OF TEST RESULTS AND RESOLVE OR IMMEDIATELY REPORT TO HISTOLOGY SUPERVISOR/MANAGER, TECHNICAL SUPERVISOR, OR DIRECTOR.
24. CAPABLE OF PROVIDING COVERAGE IN THE ABSENCE OF THE HISTOLOGY SUPERVISOR/MANAGER OR LEAD HISTOTECHNOLOGIST FOR A LIMITED PERIOD OF TIME.
25. ENSURE ALL CORPORATE SAFETY, QUALITY CONTROL AND QUALITY ASSURANCE STANDARDS ARE MET.
26. ENSURE COMPLIANCE WITH ALL LOCAL, FEDERAL, CLIA AND CAP REGULATIONS.
27. MAINTAIN A CLEAN AND WELL-ORGANIZED WORK AREA.
28. OTHER DUTIES, AS ASSIGNED BY SUPERVISOR.
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.