This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY - - - # Histotechnologist Lead Department:
Surgical Pathology - - - # Description Requisition ID:
7520 Job Title:
Histotechnologist Lead Department:
Anatomic Pathology Hours:
Full Time/Days \(40 hours per week\) Location:
* Position Summary and Key Responsibilities
* This position reports to the direct supervisor of anatomic pathology laboratories\. This individual will bring theoretical and practical expertise to support the operations of a busy anatomic pathology histology laboratory\. The incumbent maybe asked to assist with short\-term and long\-term strategic operational decisions and planning of a busy high complexity histology laboratory\. They must demonstrate behavioral skills that contribute to a productive work environment and provide excellent customer service to the faculty and staff of City of Hope National Cancer Center to improve patient outcomes\. Performs all duties of a lead histotechnologist in the anatomic pathology \(AP\) histology laboratory\. Assumes responsibilities, as delegated by the direct supervisor:
prepares tissues and stained slides of a high quality, troubleshooting technical, processing, staining issues, prepares readiness of laboratory and participating in laboratory inspections, assists with the development of new procedures, assists with the maintenance of an adequate inventory\\supplies for the day to day running of the laboratory based on LEAN\\six sigma, inventory management system of par levels; assists with maintenance and data entry into the LIS computer system implementing computer system\. The position directly supervises:
Anatomic Pathology Supervisor, Administrative Direct of Pathology -
* Minimum Education:
* Associates degree and completion of a certified clinical program in medical laboratory sciences in histopathology or equivalent education\\years of experience\. -
* Minimum Experience:
* 5 years of experience in a histology laboratory with a sound knowledge of best practices\. -
* Required Certification/Licensure:
* ASCP HT or HT*
* About City of Hope
* City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life\-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient\-centered philosophy\. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non\-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand\-in\-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research\. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment\. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability\. .