Histotechnologist - Per Diem (Future Opportunities)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 11/23/2017
Redwood City, CA
The Histotechnologist is responsible for performing skilled and accurate cutting on patient specimens under the supervision of Pathologists, interacting with sending sites and ordering physicians, performing quality control and specimen-related checks and complying with all applicable local, state, and federal laboratory requirements.
The high complexity nature of the work requires excellent attention to detail, effective written and verbal communication skills, the ability to multi-task and be flexible with tasks and schedules, and the ability to work independently in a team environment.
* Maintain stringent standards for quality, identifying any issues which might adversely impact the quality of test results and/or employee safety, and immediately communicating these to the appropriate management representatives as necessary for prompt resolution
* Perform routine and non-routine activities involved in Histology including sectioning and H&E staining under the supervision of Pathologists.
* Perform macrodissection of samples under the supervision of Pathologists.
* Monitor and process workflow queues
* Prepare reagents, solutions and controls.
* Perform and document equipment maintenance and calibration.
* Assist in sample returns as necessary.
* Interact with internal Pathologists, GHI associates and external customers in accordance to GHI SOP s to ensure specimens are processed in a timely manner with high quality.
* Process specimens for research and development sponsored studies.
* Assist in the identification of opportunities for process improvements for GHI Histopathology.
* Assist in workflow, protocol and related SOP development.
* Assist in equipment specification, installation, and maintenance.
* Participate in various studies.
* Provide guidance and training to R&D staff relating to Histopathology.
* Provide summary reports on process metrics as needed.
* Contribute to corporate strategy for inspection preparation or additional regulatory approval relating to GHI Histopathology.
* Assist in running projects for development of GHI Histopathology around new product (service) and process development
* Perform other duties/participate in tactical development projects as necessary
* Two years experience of effective Histology technique, such as Histo Assistant/Associate Histotechnition experience, and related laboratory skills and one year s experience in a high throughput laboratory production environment using LIMS, ERP, Data Management systems, or other workflow infrastructure.
* First rate interpersonal and communication skills
* Highly detail and quality oriented
* Strong computer skills
* Minimum of an Associate Degree (A.A.) or equivalent required
* BS degree in Life Sciences or a related field or equivalent preferred
* ASCP Board of Certification, e.g. HT(ASCP), HLT(ASCP), counts as one year of experience
* Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed
* Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
* Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
* Ability to work as part of a team
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
* Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary
* Some lifting (less than 25 pounds) may be necessary
* May be exposed to hazardous materials, tissue specimens and instruments with moving parts, lasers, heating and freezing elements, and high speed centrifugation
* Repetitive manual pipetting may be necessary
Genomic Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: GHDX) is the world's leading provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address both the overtreatment and optimal treatment of cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. With its Oncotype IQ Genomic Intelligence Platform, the company is applying its world-class scientific and commercial expertise and infrastructure to lead the translation of clinical and genomic big data into actionable results for treatment planning throughout the cancer patient journey, from diagnosis to treatment selection and monitoring. The Oncotype IQ portfolio of genomic tests and services currently consists of the company's flagship line of Oncotype DX gene expression tests that have been used to guide treatment decisions for more than 600,000 cancer patients worldwide. Genomic Health is expanding its test portfolio to include additional liquid and tissue-based tests. The company is based in Redwood City, California, with international headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. For more information, please visit, www.GenomicHealth.com and follow the company on Twitter: @GenomicHealth, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Join the Genomic Health Team, and have the unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients with cancer, while developing your career potential. We value our employees and consider them an integral part of our company s growth and success. We maintain competitive total rewards programs designed to satisfy our employees work life and personal life needs. To learn more about careers at Genomic Health visit: http://www.genomichealth.com/join_our_team
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.