- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Cardionet Inc. - Bannockburn, ILThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Cardionet Inc. Cardionet Inc.
- Bannockburn, IL
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- Mid-Career (2 - 15 years)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Company Ref #
- not providednot provided
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
Holter Technician/Monitor Technician
To provide ECG monitoring by receiving the ECG data, processing the clinical data, and making sound clinical judgment in regard to patient care. Manage assigned Studies from beginning to end.
Must have experience as a holter or monitoring technician! CCT Certified (Or RN with ACLS or EMT-Paramedic with ACLS) is strongly preferred!
Shifts: Two 12 hour shifts and Two 8 hour shifts with alternating weekends (mainly two 7 am to 7 pm shifts, plus two 7 am to 3 pm shifts per week; one week the two 12 hours shifts will be on the weekend)
Holidays: every other holiday
• Assist in maintaining the continuous quality improvement that meets the standard of excellence for arrhythmia monitoring of all patients transmissions.
• Follows Study Specified Protocols (as specified by the Study Protocol).
• Recognizes when MD notification is met and follows up by calling the MD and the appropriate coordinators (as specified by the Study Protocol and, following ASRC, Inc. SOP’s).
• Schedule patient’s follow up transmissions (as specified by the Study Protocol).
• Edits patient’s transmissions (as per ACRS, Inc. SOP’s or Sponsor requirements).
• Fills in the appropriate Study handwritten or electronic questionnaires and post them on the web (or fax them), as per Sponsor requirements.
• Posts on the web (or faxes) the edited patient’s transmissions.
• Notifies the Study coordinators of the new transmissions via e mail or phone call.
• Files in the appropriate study /patient chart the printed, edited version of patient’s transmission.
• Writes relevant patient information and/or coordinators communication in the appropriate Study binder (in the appropriate communication summary binders).
• Admits patients and MD’s in Paceart.
• Updates Patient and/or MD information as necessary.
• Follows up with patient’s missed transmissions by calling patients (as per ACRS, Inc. SOP’s)
• Notes the above point in patient’s demographics and printed schedule.
• Assists with shipping, handling and cleaning of devices.
• Notifies the Executive Vice President of issues and/or concerns.
• Receive the patients ECG transtelephonically, scan holters, process the clinical data, and make sound clinical judgment in regard to patient care.
• On-going training and follow up with patients to ensure protocol compliance
• Data collection and analysis
• Participation in executing research protocols
• Assure protocol compliance.
• Completion of schedule follow up (QOL's, Schedule questionnaires)
• Distribution of patient data daily.
• Filing of patients data as necessary.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE:
• CCT, RN with ACLS OR EMT/Paramedic with ACLS
• Electrocardiography course, on the job training and CCT (or equivalent) certification
• Must have experience as a holter technician!
• Knowledge of Computers, Proficient in Microsoft Office
• 2 Years of Clinical Experience
• Basic Knowledge of Pacemakers and Holters
• Research Experience
• PaceArt software
• Communicates clearly over the phone
• Team player
• Excellent clinical education skills, communicational, organizational, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to function in a high stress environment
• Ability to make independent decisions
• Job is mostly sedentary.
• Personal Computer, Microsoft Office, copy machine, fax machine, printers.
CUSTOMER INTERACTION REQUIRED:
• Daily contact with sponsors, coordinators, patients, physicians, employees, and internal management team.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K / Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
Paid Time Off, Employee Stock Purchase Plan