Home Health Aide - VN/By Visit - PRN - ReqCode 3070059
Almost Family - Beacon Falls, CT
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
It's all about helping people achieve more!
Patient Care of Hamden is a proud member of Almost Family, a leading provider of home health nursing, rehabilitation and personal care services. Our Senior Advocacy Mission raises the bar with programs designed to achieve better outcomes for our patients. For over 30 years, we have developed a culture that fosters innovation, clinical excellence, and integrity.
Why consider choosing a career with us? Because we are committed to helping you achieve your goals. As a member of our Senior Advocacy Care Team, we are confident you will achieve more for your career with industry-leading specialty programs that enhance care and promote better outcomes for patients. You will enjoy the support of a progressive group along with great benefits, competitive pay, and flexible schedule options to fit your lifestyle. If a long tradition of world-class caring is important to you, consider joining our team. You'll feel right at home.
As a Home Health Aide, you will:
* Be trained and CMS certified.
* Provide supportive services, such as assistance with personal care, ambulation, homemaking chores and/or meal preparation for clients in the home setting, under the supervision of a licensed Registered Nurse or Therapist.
* Must be able to read and write. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
* A minimum of six months experience as an aide/personal care assistant in a health care setting or completion of a training program with a minimum of 75 hours instruction is required. Additional state specific requirements may also apply.
* Demonstration of competency by written exam and successful completion of skills performance test for Home Health Aide certification required. Possess the ability to transfer, maneuver and lift incapacitated clients in the home setting.
Almost Family offers a competitive salary and benefits package that helps safe guard your health and well- being, and provides savings options for you and your family. We offer the following benefits to full time employees:
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Life and Accidental Death Insurance
* Voluntary Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)
* Paid vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
* 401-k Retirement Plan
Many of the above benefits are also available to part-time employees who work at least 24 hours per week. PRN employees may also qualify for some benefit options as well!
If you have a passion for seniors, a special place awaits you on our Senior Advocacy Team!