Home Health Registered Nurse
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for HOME HEALTH REGISTERED NURSE for our client in MUSCATINE, IA
JOB TITLE: HOME HEALTH REGISTERED NURSE
JOB LOCATION: MUSCATINE, IA
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
* Required Home Health Registered
* HH RN IA license with IL license a plus!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* The Visit Nurse coordinates and delivers patient care to ensure the achievement of patient outcomes and ensure patient satisfaction with the care received.
THE VISIT NURSE PERFORMS THE FOLLOWING DUTIES:
* Ensures that all patients and/or their caregivers understand their rights and responsibilities.
* Ensures quality and safe delivery of services to patients according to care plan. Uses equipment and supplies safely, effectively, and efficiently.
* Performs SOC visits, post-hospital evaluations, patient re-certifications, discharges, routine visits and supervisory visits within the work base as assigned.
* Implements clinical protocols during all patient visits as dictated by patient's diagnosis, physician orders, and plan of care.
* Reports changes in patient clinical status to the physician and interdisciplinary team deviation of physician ordered/agency protocols such as, changes of vital signs, clinical findings, and condition changes.
* Initiates additional physician orders as needed and implements appropriate interventions.
* Provides disease management education and utilizes evidence based protocols with patients and/or caregivers to promote patient-centered care and recommended self-care.
* Formulates and updates Home Health Aide care plans as appropriate and performs supervisory visits for Home Health Aides every fourteen days.
* Performs "on-call" duties and weekend/after hour visits on a rotational basis as assigned.
* Completes all documentation accurately and submits to office within 24hours of visit, phone call and/or change in treatment or orders.
* Reviews and follows up on lab work in a timely manner and documents follow up activities.
* Maintains a current medication list in the patient record.
* Reviews medication list for drug interactions and contraindications and notifies the physician of any identified interactions or contraindications.
* Participates in clinical record audits, quality monitoring activities and patient outcome improvement initiatives.
* Identifies risk for acute hospitalization and proactively prevents adverse events
* Care is outcome-oriented, reflects measurable progress and goals toward discharge.
* Delivers quality care consistent with industry regulations, licensure scope of practice standards, qualifying industry criteria, payor coverage criteria, and providing visits/treatments consistent with the plan of care and physician orders.
* Coordinates the patient care plan with all disciplines.
* Communicates clinical status and plans clearly, succinctly and accurately to interdisciplinary home care team, and physicians.
* Ensures organizational sustainability through the efficient use of corporate resources.
* Maintains current on education and completes training in relation to scope of practice, industry standards and professional licensure.
* Attends and participates in in-service training programs, team conferences and other workshops as assigned.
* Maintains current knowledge base and nursing skills through continuing education activities and/or in-service classes.
* Follows agency policies and procedures when performing job duties.
* Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
* Behave in a manner consistent with Mission, Vision, Values and Expectations for Excellence.
* Maintain compliance with OSHA, Accreditation Standards and Risk Management guidelines.
* Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
* Behave in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance policies and procedures.
* Meets measures as determined and required for job productivity and performance improvement.
* Achieve certification in Integrated Care Management within 1year of hire.
* Certification includes completing the Integrated Care Management formal training session, successfully completing assigned computer based-learning modules within 2 weeks of training, and a competency evaluation.
* Use the Integrated Care Management philosophy, skills, tools and documentation in clinical practice.
* Demonstrate competency in selected ICM skills annually.
* Employee is responsible for completion of communication tasks and activities in a timely manner.
* This would include, but is not limited to: responding to email, voicemail or telephony messages, promptly, accurately, and professionally; attending staff meetings as scheduled or viewing videotapes of those meetings; asking questions of team members and supervisors when needing clarification about various day-to-day issues or patient needs; and reviewing employee communication pieces.
* Perform other duties as requested by the Clinical supervisor.
* From Clinical Supervisor
* Graduate of State Board approved program for Registered Nurses.
* Current license to practice nursing according to the state where service is provided.
* CPR: Maintain a valid Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider Card with Re-certification.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work as a collaborative team member.
* Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
* Strong computer skills.
* Valid licensed driver with automobile insurance in accordance with state and/or organizational requirements.
* Masters education in health related field.
* BSN or BS in health related field.
* PICC line and Chemotherapy certification
* Previous home care experience.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
* All staff are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate manager.
* In addition, staff are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job-related skills and abilities.
* All staff must attend mandatory educational programs.
* Home Health RN
* Med-surg Adult