Home Health Supervisory Nurse - LPN or RN - ReqCode 5317588
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJoin a Leader in Home Health and Grow Your Career While Helping Others!Home Care by Black Stone is a proud member of Almost Family, a leading provider of home health nursing, rehabilitation and personal care services. Our Senior Advocacy Mission raises the bar with programs designed to achieve better outcomes for our patients. For over 30 years, we have developed a culture that fosters innovation, clinical excellence, and integrity. Why consider choosing a career with us? Because we are committed to helping you achieve your goals. As a member of our Senior Advocacy Care Team, we are confident you will achieve more for your career with industry-leading specialty programs that enhance care and promote better outcomes for patients. You will enjoy the support of a progressive group along with great benefits, competitive pay, and flexible schedule options to fit your lifestyle. If a long tradition of world-class caring is important to you, consider joining our team. You'll feel right at home.
The Supervisory Nurse is a professional member of the health care team who is responsible for providing supervision to the employees providing supportive services. The supervision includes assuring the employee is delivering services according to the plan of care (EAG), assessing client response to that care plan, providing follow up for any problems, employee knowledge deficits, etc., and reporting any significant changes to the appropriate personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performs testing/training to state/program requirements
* Provides inservice training to staff as needed on a case by case basis
* Assists with yearly inservices s needed
* Supervises Home Health Aides, Daily Living Aides and Homemakers with on-site supervisory visits according to the requirements of state/program regulations or more often as needed
* Documents home supervisory visits including the response to the plan of care and customer satisfaction
* Develops and updates the Employee Assignment Guide consistent with the authorized plan of care
* Communicates the plan of care to the employees and the clients
* Continually evaluates the changing needs of the clients and contacts appropriate funded case managers as required
* Receives/transcribes physician orders according to policy
* All other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications for the Supervisory Nurse:* Must be a licensed Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse in the state of practice. When utilizing an LPN/LVN in this capacity, the LPN/LVN must be supervised by an RN.
* Must have at least one year of prior nursing experience; home health experience preferred.
* Current CPR certificate.
Benefits:Almost Family offers a competitive salary and benefits package that helps safe guard your health and well- being, and provides savings options for you and your family. We offer the following benefits to full time employees:
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Life and Accidental Death Insurance
* Voluntary Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)
* Paid vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
* 401-k Retirement Plan If you have a passion for seniors, a special place awaits you on our Senior Advocacy Team!
img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://almostfamily.contacthr.com/50113807.jpg /