Homeowners Assistance Team Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
Mount Laurel, NJ
Manage a team of loss mitigation mortgage loan processors and support teams to meet all investor production goals and compliance requirements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* Assess performance of individual members of the team. Provide timely feedback for favorable performance and contributions (i.e. recognition) as well as appropriate coaching/counseling for unfavorable performance
* Support employee career development by providing employees with opportunities to develop their knowledge, skill and abilities and conducting candid career conversations.
* Support staffing (perpetuate the team) through candidate evaluations, conducting interviews and collaborating on staffing decisions
* Resolve conflicts that arise between employees and/or customers
* Establish priorities, delegate work and hold self and team accountable for attaining high quality results
* Ensure policies and procedures are adhered to
* Plan the operation and workflow for the Loss Mitigation function to ensure objectives are met
* Organize the team, the production of the work, training and resources needed to accomplish desired and required outcomes to meet objectives
* Provide employees with enough guidance, direction, leadership and support to ensure they are able to accomplish their objectives
* Monitor the plan to ensure it is being carried out in a manner that assures objectives are met
* Review and assess the success of the plan, the allocation of the employees and resources and whether objectives were met
* Initiate improvement projects, identify new ideas and delegate responsibility for identifying and developing new ideas to others
* Allocate available resources appropriately
* Manage a pipeline of loans and monitor revenue & expenses
* Ensure investor and internal Service Level Agreements are being met
* Ensure loss mitigation strategies are being offered in accordance with Investor and Insurer guidelines including Repayment Plans, Forbearances, Modifications, Short Sales and Deed in Lieu
* Ensure loss mitigation programs are being offered by Investors and Insurers including the Treasury s Home Affordable Modification Program.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
* High school diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor s degree preferred.
* Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the mortgage industry required
* Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a leadership capacity required
* Experience in mortgage loan loss mitigation or default preferred
* Experience with Government Sponsored Enterprises (GSE), Federal Housing Authority (FHA) and/or Veteran s Administration (VA) loans preferred
* Experience with mortgage loan underwriting preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Analytical, with an ability to identify and resolve problems
* Well organized, paying close attention to detail
* Ability to manage multiple priorities in a timely manner
* Ability to meet the needs of internal and external customers by delivering high quality service
* Rapidly adapts to changing information, conditions and/or unexpected obstacles
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Operates effectively in a team environment as well as independently
* Ability to:
o evaluate oneself realistically
o perform effectively during stressful situations
o perform in ambiguous situations
o react objectively rather than subjectively to achieve company goals
o jump in, figure things out and add value
TRAINING / LICENSING REQUIREMENTS
* Must pass PHH Corporation s Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
* Behaves as a Leadership Role Model
* Builds Strong Working Relationships
* Drives and Delivers Exceptional Results
* Customer/External Focus
* Builds and Motivates a High Performing Team
* Proficient with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, etc.)
* Proficiency with Mortgage Servicing Platforms (e.g. Black Knight, LPS, etc.) preferred
TRAVEL / WORK SCHEDULE
* 8:30 am 5:00 pm M-F
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.
The requirements and the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHH is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.