Hosp Marketing and Comm Spec
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 11/19/2016
Westfield Insurance Group
Westfield Center, OH
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe re an insurance company. With two golf courses. A party center. And an inn.
And we re looking for smart, prompt and courteous team players. Join a team where you can learn new things and meet interesting people. It s an exciting place to work with great benefits!
Westfield Insurance has been around since 1848 and has a long-standing reputation for helping customers and the communities we serve. To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldinsurance.com.
HOSPITALITY MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST JOB SUMMARY
The Hospitality Marketing and Communications Specialist drives a strategic marketing and communications plan for the Hospitality business unit by proactively collaborating with Hospitality leadership, key stakeholders and business partners. Responsible for the creation and implementation of the communications, promotions, and public relations efforts in support of the entire Hospitality business unit. They will support Hospitality initiatives impacting key audiences with effective communication tactics. This role directs the delivery of these efforts including, but not limited to the corporate intranet pages, promotional literature highlighting new products and services, and digital portals. The Hospitality Marketing and Communications Specialist will leverage data and analytics to evaluate communications and develop recommendations and plans for enhancing their effectiveness.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND/OR REASONS THE JOB EXISTS IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE)
* Drives a strategic marketing and communications plan for the Hospitality business unit by proactively collaborating with Hospitality leadership, key stakeholders and business partners.
* Responsible for the creation and implementation of the communications, promotions, and public relations efforts in support of the entire Hospitality business unit.
* Partners with Hospitality leadership to support hospitality initiatives impacting key audiences with effective communication tactics.
* Directs the delivery of these efforts including, but not limited to, corporate intranet pages, promotional literature highlighting new products and services, and digital portals.
* Evaluates communications and develops recommendations and plans for enhancing their effectiveness utilizing hospitality data and analytics.
* Ensures all communications align with the company and business unit s mission, vision, goals, core values, and brand identities by partnering closely with the Marketing and Customer Experience team.
* Assists others on the team as needed to ensure work is completed and a high level of customer service is maintained.
* Travels occasionally in order to participate in special assignments, training, and/or travel between office locations.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE/CERTIFICATION/EDUCATION (IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE)
* 5 or more years of communication, marketing, or public relations experience.
* Demonstrated experience creating and implementing marketing strategies and plans in a corporate setting.
* Demonstrated experience in writing clear, persuasive messages for a company or an organization.
* Demonstrated exceptional project management skill with demonstrated success delivering on objectives and projects.
* Proven ability to manage many priorities effectively while simultaneously maintaining high level of service and professionalism.
* Demonstrated problem solving, information gathering, and analytical skills.
* Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and presentation communication skills resulting in the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
* Demonstrated strong attention to detail and quality customer service orientation.
* Proven ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
* Proficient in use of Microsoft Office software including Publisher, Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
* Bachelor s degree in Marketing or Communications or related areas or commensurate experience.
* Valid driver s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (SPECIFIC TO THE ROLE)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing, and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
* Ability to travel as required.
* Ability to operate an automobile within the parameters of the driving policy.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Member companies of the Westfield Group are Equal Opportunity Employers (M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran).
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.