Hospice Medical Social Worker
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
PRN/On-Call Hospice Medical Social Worker (LCSW or CSWA)
Coverage Area is: Alpine to Cokeville, Wyoming
Access Home Care and Hospice - 625 South Washington Street, Suite B Afton, Wyoming 83110
The Hospice Medical Social Worker is responsible for assessing the psychosocial status of patients, families, and/or caregivers related to the patient s terminal illness and environment.
* Communicate assessment findings to the RN and other members of the interdisciplinary group, ensuring their understanding of significant social and emotional factors related to patients health problems and death and dying issues.
* Carry out social evaluations and plan interventions based on evaluation of findings.
* Counsel patient, family, and/or caregivers in relation to stress and other identified coping difficulties.
* Serve as a liaison between patients and their support group and the community, providing information and referral services as resources to them.
* Participate in the development of the individualized plan of care, attend group meetings, and maintain clinical records pertaining to social work.
* Master s Degree in Social Work.
* Minimum 1 year experience in Social Work in a healthcare setting.
* Current CPR Certification.
* Must have a valid driver s license and current automobile insurance.
* Must be a LCSW or CSWA in the State.
* Basic understanding of age-related differences in caring for and communicating with patients of this type.
* Must possess the ability to work independently without supervision.
* Effective problem-solver and use good judgment in difficult situations.
* Must possess personal sensitivity to the needs and experiences of others and a non-judgmental attitude towards persons of differing standards, values, lifestyles, and ages.
Please apply on line for this position here:
Signature Services Regional Recruiter
Tel: 503-783-7231 | F: 503-783-6102
Hospice | Home Health | Home Care
Upon hire, all employees will be drug tested, criminal background checked and DMV checked for driving company vehicles. If you have any questions regarding the employment checks, please contact the human resource department.
The mission of Signature Hospice, Home Health, and Home Care is to enhance the life of every person we serve. The Signature team are compassionate professionals with a calling to help others. Signature understands there is no better feeling than connecting with your patients, your team, and your colleagues. It is a feeling we promote every day, because we live it every day just like you. We know that promoting a rich, satisfying work environment for our clinicians is key to our success!
Signature Companies full and part time employee benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, health improvement/wellness program, flexible spending accounts, ID and Medical ID theft restoration services, AD&D coverage, education reimbursement and online training programs, generous Paid Time Off, and employer paid life insurance and short term disability.
Signature Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer