Hospice Primary/Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Full-Time Hospice Primary/Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner
Signature Hospice - 2620 River Rd Suite 300 - Eugene, Oregon 97404
The Hospice Primary/Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner, with a multi-disciplinary clinical team, provides initial and ongoing clinical assessment for patients with advanced and or progressive medical conditions who are referred for palliative care consultation and hospice. Assists in the evaluation and treatment of patients in the Palliative Care Program or Hospice.
Conducts patient interviews, and collects and interprets diagnostic data. May perform physical examinations and specialized procedures under the delegation of a physician. Primary Care includes in home house calls for chronically ill adults. Documents the delivery of care in the individual\'s medical records. Provides patient education, and trains other health care professionals. Performs related responsibilities as required.
* Performs bedside palliative care patient/family evaluation
* Diagnosis, treatment and management of acute and chronic health conditions
* Orders, performs and interprets laboratory and radiology tests within scope of professional practice
* Collaborate with primary care and specialty providers to assist in continuum of care for complex patients at our skilled nursing locations and in home when necessary
* Perform comprehensive adult and geriatric exams, adjust medications, establish treatment plans, educate residents and nursing staff, coordinate care, facilitate family meetings, participate in coordinated care rounds and discharge planning for optimal patient outcomes
* Prescribes medications including controlled substances to the extent delegated and licensed
* Orders treatments and durable medical equipment as indicated
* Performs other therapeutic or corrective measures as indicated, including urgent care
* Consults with palliative care physician or designees as needed, informs primary physician, specialists and care team of services provided and collaborates with others as needed
* Assists in all facets of care coordination for palliative care referrals
* Primary Care includes in home house calls for chronically ill adults
* Prepares and maintains accurate patient records, charts and documents to support sound medical practice and reimbursement for services provided
* Complies with applicable laws and regulations with respect to collaborative agreements
* Initiates reimbursement for services rendered
* Provides training and continuing education for staff
* Assists in development of clinical practice guidelines/standards in support of quality palliative care
* Adheres to the practice of confidentiality regarding patients, families, staff and the Organization
* Active State License
* ANCC or AANP board certified required
* NPI and DEA or ability to obtain within 30 days
* Desire to be in a patient-centered, healthcare setting
* Excellent bedside manner with solid customer-oriented presentation skills
* Capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment, where you are often moving from station to station
* Ability to working autonomously and adapt to changing environments
* Talent for cultivating a positive and energetic team atmosphere
* Strong computer proficiency
* Flexibility to travel by car in a company vehicle to community events within 1-4* hours from home location
* Must have a valid Driver's License with a clear driving record to drive company car
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on a consistent, daily basis
* Actively or recently participated in service to Medicare patients and Medicaid patients (preferred)
* Minimum 1-year experience as a Nurse Practitioner preferred.
* Hospice and palliative care experience, and/or certification preferred.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Please apply on line for this position here:
Director of Recruiting
Signature Home Care, Home Health and Hospice
Upon hire, all employees will be drug tested, criminal background checked and DMV checked for driving company vehicles. If you have any questions regarding the employment checks, please contact the human resource department.
The mission of Signature Hospice, Home Health, and Home Care is to enhance the life of every person we serve. The Signature team are compassionate professionals with a calling to help others. Signature understands there is no better feeling than connecting with your patients, your team, and your colleagues. It is a feeling we promote every day, because we live it every day just like you. We know that promoting a rich, satisfying work environment for our clinicians is key to our success!
Signature Companies full and part time employee benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, health improvement/wellness program, flexible spending accounts, ID and Medical ID theft restoration services, AD&D coverage, education reimbursement and online training programs, generous Paid Time Off, and employer paid life insurance and short term disability.
Signature Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer