Hospice RN Clinical Manager Specialist - ReqCode 65512F
Gentiva - Omaha, NE
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Odyssey Hospice, Inc. is the leader in hospice care, making a difference in the lives of terminally ill patients. Join the hospice team that touches so many. Besides a supportive environment where great works are acknowledged and celebrated, Odyssey employees enjoy competitive salaries, flexible schedules for many positions, and a range of excellent Full-Time benefits, including:
* PPO or HMO medical insurance
* Dental insurance
* Vision insurance
* Company-paid life insurance with A D & D coverage
* Flexible spending accounts to set aside pre-tax dollars for childcare and medical care
* Optional life insurance
* Optional long-term disability coverage
* Short-term disability plan
* 401(k) with a company match
* Tuition reimbursement
* Employee referral bonus
* Generous PTO program with select holidays
* Employee recognition programs and an enjoyable work environment
Clinical Manager Specialist
Responsible for the overall direction of clinical services. Establish, implement and evaluate goals and objectives for home health services that meet and promote Odyssey standards of quality and contribute to the total organization and philosophy. Hire, train, orient, supervise and evaluate qualified Hospice interdisciplinary team personnel. Provide daily direction to the team, including all scheduling, care planning, documentation, productivity and all other patient care operations. Manage all patient care expenditures including but not limited to labor, pharmacy, DME, medical supplies and patient care mileage. Assure regulatory compliance including achieving and maintaining Hospice Medicare certification and state licensure. Assists in direction and coordination of the clinical activities of the program to ensure compliance with acceptable standards of practice, applicable state and federal laws and regulations and Odyssey policies and procedures. Establish and maintain standards of high quality care and customer service in compliance with federal and state regulations and guidelines. Respond to customer complaints regarding patient care and assure all complaints are handled in accordance with Company policies and procedures and/or legal compliance requirements. Manage related expenditures in a fiscally responsible manner in accordance with the Company's budget. Travel as required.
Company's Ideal Candidate will have the following qualifications:
* Minimum age requirement of 18.
* Registered Nurse (RN) licensed or in accordance with the Board of Nurse Examiners for Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC).
* Bachelor's degree and A.C.R.N.H. certification preferred.
* Minimum of one year experience as an RN obtained within the last 36 months.
* Minimum of two years clinical management experience, including the supervision of nursing staff preferred.
* Minimum of three years Hospice, home health or related organization experience preferred with understanding of Hospice care provided through an interdisciplinary team.
* Compliance with accepted professional standards and practices.
* Physical exam in accordance with state law requirements.
* Valid driver's license and an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or Odyssey requirements and is in good working order.
* Satisfactory references from employers and/or professional peers.
* Ability to work in an interdisciplinary setting.
* Demonstrate ability to provide leadership to professional and administrative personnel.
* Excellent written and verbal skills.
* Demonstrate good organizational, people and problem solving skills.
* Knowledge and understanding of reimbursement/appeal processes.
* Proficient in basic PC skills. Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
* Satisfactory criminal background check. ... To view the rest of this job posting or to apply for this position please click the APPLY NOW button