Hospice Supportive Care Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 1/23/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONReq ID: 91006
St. Vincent Hospice is growing and looking for a Hospice Supportive Care Manager to join our team. We're seeking candidates with a minimum of Master's in Social Work (MSW), solid hospice experience, and supervisory experience.
Primary responsibility is to coordinate and manage all Supportive Care Services and Staff including Social Worker, Chaplain, Volunteer and Bereavement staff and programs. Assumes responsibility for continuity, appropriateness, and quality of service delivered by the Agency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Oversees the assignment of appropriate staff to all cases.
* Assures all staff are appropriately oriented for the cases assigned.
* Assures compliance with state, federal, and local laws.
* Assists in the recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of field staff as necessary.
* Coordinates and assists the interdisciplinary team in the development and implementation of patient care policies.
* Assures accuracy of visit delivery in conjunction with order frequencies.
* Reviews patient medical files on a regular basis and addresses any discrepancies noted.
* Assists the QA Manager in identifying educational activities for staff including in-services, based on employee needs and promotes staff development.
* Mentor employees, provided input for performance evaluations, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel in conjunction with Supervisor, and works to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results.
* MSW - Master's Degree in Social Work
* LCSW preferred
* One (2) years of Hospice experience
* One (1) year of supervisory experience
Knowledge and Skills:
* Knowledge of Hospice Regulatory Standards or Supportive Care Services
* Excellent leadership skills
* Good computer skills
* Good interpersonal, and organizational skills
* Good communication skills both written and verbal.
* Ability to problem solve
* Detail oriented
St. Vincent Hospice is a proud member of Ascension Health at Home, a leading provider in the delivery of compassionate patient-centered healthcare services including home health, infusion therapy and hospice.
Formed in 2014, Ascension Health at Home is a national partnership between Ascension Health and Evolution Health. The partnership includes all Ascension-affiliated home health, hospice, home infusion therapy and private duty/supportive care services. Visit us at www.ahah.net to learn more about our organization and view all career opportunities.