Hospital Facilities Manager
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Hospital Facilities Manager
Auto Req ID
JLL has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Facilities Manager to join our team in Tampa, FL on a client account in the healthcare industry. Position will manage the plant operations of one or more hospitals and requires a strong background in hospital plant operations, utilities, Environment of Care, and Joint Commission standards and compliance.
Supervises and directs maintenance staff and monitors performance of their assigned responsibilities. Performs and/or directs the performance of all maintenance departmental service requests, ensuring that the work performed in these areas is accomplished efficiently, neatly and with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience. Checks malfunctioning equipment and ascertains corrective action required to restore to satisfactory operating condition. Manages departmental staff, including selection, scheduling and job assignments; counseling, appraisals and recognition; recommending salary, promotional, disciplinary, termination and other personnel actions.
The Hospital Plant Operations Manager will work with the client to schedule equipment to be taken off line so that preventative maintenance can be performed, monitors operation of electrical and mechanical equipment supporting the facility and facility s critical operations. Requires the ability to analyze the operation of various site infrastructure systems, determine the root cause of any problem / malfunctions and take corrective action as required. Provides training and support and aims to expand the capabilities of operations staff. Gives hands on instruction in basic maintenance, safety and troubleshooting procedures. This position will demonstrate the proper use and care of tools and will instill a high level of professionalism and client service.
This position must maintain compliance with all applicable regulatory surveys, Joint Commission and other client based audits that are applicable to their assigned facility or facilities.
* Responsible for the Environment of Care, Emergency Management, Life Safety Code and fulfilling the role of Safety Officer.
* Provides training and support and aims to expand the capabilities of operations staff.
* Gives hands-on instruction in basic maintenance, safety and troubleshooting procedures.
* Demonstrates the proper use and care of tools. Instills a high level of professionalism and
* Directs the performance of contracted maintenance
* Financial Management: Plans and forecasts budget for operation and maintenance, recommends and estimates facility repairs and improvements
* Hazardous Materials: Complies with policy and audit standards for safe storage, usage and disposal.
* Energy Management: Implements programs to reduce energy and water consumption by 2% at each hospital and tracks performance
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* College degree in a related engineering field, formal apprenticeship program or technical trade school.
* 5+ years of hospital facility management, plant operations, engineering or maintenance supervision experience.
* Managerial experience required with proven budget and personnel responsibilities.
* Extensive knowledge of Joint Commission Environment of Care standards and regulations.
* CHFM Certified Healthcare Facility Manager, CPMM Certified Plant Maintenance Manager, CFM Certified Facility Manager or other relevant certifications, a plus.
* Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including report writing ability.
* Special knowledge and skills - Exposure to HVAC, fluid handling/pumping, fluid filtering, mechanical systems, welding, and electrical systems engineering and operation.
* Computer proficiency with MS Office and Outlook email.
* CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) experience 360 Facility, Maximo, etc. and Building Automation System (BAS - Siemens Apogee, Johnson Metasys or Trane Tracer preferred).
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL s investment in employees needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at http://www.us.jll.com/united-states/en-us/pages/careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Job#: 42178BR
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.