- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Hospital Security Officer - Full Time and Part Time positions available
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
HOSPITAL SECURITY OFFICER - FULL TIME AND PART TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE
* Full Time (40 hours per week) and Part Time (32 hours per week) positions available
* Must be willing to work various shifts
* Immediate Start!
* Based in Maryville, IL
Universal Protection Service is proudly celebrating 50 years of being in business and is the largest privately owned security organization in the U.S.
Full Time positions offer benefits including anniversary bonus + on the spot recognition program + medical, dental, vision and 401K.
Part Time positions offer benefits including anniversary bonus + on the spot recognition program + 401K.
We attribute our growth and success to our exceptional employees. If you like being part of a winning team and providing exceptional customer service, we may have an opportunity for you!
We proudly support the 100,000 Jobs Mission, a group of leading U.S. companies whose goal is to collectively hire 100,000 transitioning service members and military veterans by 2020.
Universal Protection Service is currently looking for mature, experienced Hospital Security Officers with outstanding flexibility for several full-time positions in a hospital. This hospital offers the community a warm, comfortable, familial place of healing. This is your opportunity to provide exceptional hospital security and work in a beautiful location! Our security officers enjoy advancement opportunities, great salary and benefits including 401(k), a variety of medical, dental and vision options, holiday pay, training and development, and on-the-spot recognition programs. Apply today to work in this fast paced and exciting environment.
As a Hospital Security Officer, you will provide unarmed, uniformed security, including, but not limited to, the following:
* Foot patrol of interior and exterior areas of assigned locations
* Report suspicious activities and persons
* Write detailed narrative reports; maintain daily activity reports (DARs)
* Respond to emergency situations requiring security assistance.
* Access control through an admittance process
* Screen visitors and client employees in an efficient manner in order to expedite or bar their admittance to the site or facility
* Check for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, and unauthorized persons
* Working knowledge of computers
* Strong public relations skills
* Candidates must be neat in appearance and present a positive public image
* Previous experience providing private security in a healthcare setting is highly advantageous.
Qualified applicants for the Hospital Security Officer position will meet the following minimum requirements, as described below:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Must be at least age 18
* Must possess a valid Guard License, or have applied and subsequently be issued such a license prior to employment.
* As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
* Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
* Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions:
* Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
* Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
* Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
* Occasionally lift or carry up to 25 pounds
* Run as needed
* Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
* Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
* Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat
* Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
* Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
* Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may required computer skills
* Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
* Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Universal Protection Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Midwest - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days