Hospital Service Rep, part-time (Birmingham)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Universal Hospital Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONARE YOU LOOKING FOR A NEW JOB THAT ALLOWS YOU TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN OTHERS\' LIVES AND TO WORK IN THE STABLE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY?
The Hospital Service Technician is responsible for equipment management tasks in the hospital, including: delivering equipment, accessories and disposables to patient rooms; delivering equipment to standby locations; picking up soiled equipment; cleaning and processing equipment; conducting equipment tracking rounds throughout the patient rooms; and recording each activity by scanning equipment as it is completed.
KNOWLEDGE AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Prior work experience in hospital setting or customer service preferred.
* Basic computer skills.
* Willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays, as well as emergency off-hours as required.
* Able to lift and/or push 75 pounds.
* Able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
BEHAVIORAL SKILLS (How the jobholders must conduct themselves with other people.)
* Possesses quality orientation with a get it right the first time attitude.
* Complies with patient privacy laws in all matters.
* Maintains and projects confidence, enthusiasm and a professional image.
* Flexible, coachable.
* Demonstrates strong communication skills (listening, writing and speaking).
* Demonstrates team orientation and shows respect for others.
* Proactive and self motivated.
* Organized; prioritizes to meet deadlines.
* Operates with a proactive approach towards safety, health and quality in compliance with all company, governmental and customer policies and regulations.
* Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
* Customer-focused; willing to go above and beyond.
PRACTICAL SKILLS (Tasks that the job holder must be able to do and demonstrate.)
* Able to dialogue with clinical staff on the topics of equipment features, functionality, etc.
* Understands and uses effective conflict resolution skills, e.g., identifies and resolves service concerns, discrepancies and disagreements.
* Ensures prompt and courteous service is delivered to all customers in person and in all communications.
* Takes customer equipment requests and fills orders within established time line.
* Delivers equipment to patient rooms (fill 100% of customer orders) or standby locations in patient-ready condition with appropriate software, configuration, accessories and disposables. Verifies standby locations on a daily basis.
* Picks up, cleans and processes all soiled equipment, preparing it for patient ready use following all UHS and hospital protocols.
* Conducts equipment tracking rounds using handheld scanners to capture equipment activities.
* Runs reports as required by supervisor and monitors equipment levels.
* Records all non-functional equipment that has been reported by customer.
* Completes safety inspections/preventative maintenance on equipment (when applicable).
* Documents all equipment incidents in occurrence with both UHS and customer policies.
* Provides all customer feedback to UHS supervisor in a timely manner.
* Performs other assigned duties.
* Proficient in the UHS systems and Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel).
* Serves as part of training team for other members in Division/Region.
* Serves as a peer advisor to employees. Orients, trains and assigns and checks other employees work, as appropriate.
* Certified to complete safety inspections on core equipment within the account.
* Possesses strong customer interfacing skills based on relationships established within accounts.
* Serves as subject matter expert for key projects in account; e.g., quality indicators, shift lead responsibility.
* Demonstrated competency verification on core equipment inspections.
* Considered a subject matter expert with Asset360 policies and procedures.
* Used as a resource to effectively address and resolve all customer issues.
* Demonstrated competency verification on all equipment inspections and preventative maintenance.
The numbers tell it all. UHS has been in business since 1939; it operates through 85 districts and serves customers in all 50 states.
Our motto? Quality. Value. Service. All of us. All the time. Now, find out what that means to you. Compensation includes base wage, 401(k). Full time opportunities offer health/dental and tuition reimbursement. Excellent career pathing opportunities as well. Learn more. Apply online today!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background and drug testing.
PRIMARY JOB LOCATION:
Birmingham - Hospital site
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS (IF APPLICABLE):
Hospital Service Technician I
Universal Hospital Services