Hospitalist Nurse Practitioner Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Christiana Care Health System
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Christiana Care Health System (CCHS) has position openings for full-time Nurse Practitioners to work in support and work in collaboration with our Christiana Care Hospitalist Partners (CCHP) at both the Christiana Campus located in Newark, DE and the Wilmington Campus located in Wilmington, DE. This position will provide care to all admitted CCHP patients on all service lines and within the discharge clinic at the Health Center at Christiana providing coverage day and night, seven days per week.
Christiana Care Health System is one of the country s largest health care providers, ranking 22nd in the nation for hospital admissions and 11th among hospitals on the East Coast. Christiana Care is headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware and is a major academic health system with two hospital campuses (1,100 beds) and more than 250 medical-dental residents and fellows. Christiana is home to Delaware s only Level 1 trauma center and is recognized as a regional center of excellence in cardiology, cancer and women s health services.
Due to its location working for Christiana Care offers opportunities to live in Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey or Maryland. Philadelphia International Airport and Amtrak s main East Coast line provide national and international accessibility. Delaware and surrounding areas offer wonderful restaurants and regional cultural activities; close proximity to major sporting events; excellent schools and urban and suburban housing options. Within a two hour drive or train ride you can be in a popular beach resort in Delaware, New Jersey or Maryland, on the slopes in the Pocono mountains or spending a day or weekend in New York City or Washington, D.C.
Christiana Care Hospitalist Partners
Christiana Care Hospitalist Partners is a forward thinking Hospitalist practice emphasizing continuity of care, patient satisfaction and quality. Our Hospitalists, in partnership with primary care physicians, provide the highest quality of patient care in directing, treating and coordinating all aspects of the patient s hospitalization.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Provides clinical support to Christiana Care Hospitalist Partners (CCHP) in inpatient and outpatient settings. Adheres to all regulatory and organizational nursing policies and procedures to deliver excellent patient care. Works collaboratively with the clinical team, social workers, pharmacists, family members and others to ensure safe and seamless transitions of care.
* Visits newly admitted patients in a timely fashion per department policy.
* Upon request of CCHP physician, performs consultations on inpatients.
* Upon request of CCHP physician, collaborates with that physician, subspecialists, RNs and other members of the health care team to provide direct patient care.
* Establishes priorities based on patient needs and act on these accordingly.
* Individualizes medical care plan and transition of care to outpatient setting based on patient assessment.
* Provides appropriate patient education and counseling to patient and families in ways understandable to them.
* Provides excellent customer service and assists in efforts to improve Christiana Care Hospitalist Partners patient satisfaction scores.
* Attends all scheduled meetings to include monthly hospital medicine meetings and performs all tasks as assigned.
* Assists in orientation of new hospitalists and nurse practitioners
* Actively participates in administrative/citizenship duties which may include but is not limited to: organizational and planning meetings, committee memberships and educational conferences.
Education and Experience Requirements
* Licensed or eligible for Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant license in the state of Delaware
* Prescriptive Authority or eligibility for the state of Delaware
* DEA registration required
* BLS required
* ACLS Preferred
WORK SHIFT: Day Shf, Rotat All M/D/E
POSITION TYPE: Advanced Nurse Practitioner
JOB REQUISITION #: 39339BR
ABOUT US: Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you require reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please contact our Human Resources Service Center at (302)327-5555 or (866)849-8598.
Our Employee Welcome Center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm to assist you in person with our application process.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Hospitalist, Physician, Nursing, Medical, Nurse Practitioner, Healthcare Apply now
* Apply now
* Please wait...
Christiana Care Health System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer whose staff is representative of its community, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.