Hospitality Construction Project Manager (Ground Up)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Hospitality Construction Project Manager (Ground Up)
Auto Req ID
We are looking for individuals with experience in hospitality, focusing on Hotel & Convention Center development (ground up) & renovations.
The candidate will be able to develop and manage complex project budgets and cash flow reporting. Experience managing the project team selection process and contract negotiation for architectural, interior designer, miscellaneous consultant services, and general contractors is required. Project types will typically include renovations of public areas, restaurants/bars, meeting rooms, ballrooms & guest rooms.
We are looking for a solid background in at least one of the following areas: Project Management, Architecture, Ground Up and Existing Building Construction, Cost Estimating, or Engineering. Travel within Southern California is required.
* Client Interface & Project Team Relationship Management
* Running Meetings, Setting Agenda s, Issuing Meeting Minutes
* Experience with Budget & Milestone/Schedule Development, Management and Tracking
* RFP Generation, Interviewing, Analysis & Recommendations of Project Team Assembly Including:
* Architect/Interior Designer/Procurement Agent
* Bidding General Contractor Services & Hard Bid Analysis
* Oversight of FF&E & 3rd party Procurement Process
* Ability to Read & Understand Construction Drawings & Specifications
* Assist Owner with Contract Negotiations
* Analyze & Negotiate Change Orders
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* A college degree is required, preferably in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management
* 4 7 years of experience in project management with ground up experience
* Senior Project Manager: 8 15 years of experience in project management with a few years ground up experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Ability to interact with multiple stakeholders and pro-actively anticipate their needs
* Business Acumen: Respected for professional and savvy business sense
* Planning and Organizing: Establish course of action to accomplish goals, evaluates results, develops schedules, and can orchestrate multiple activities at once by effectively utilizing resources
* Client Focus: Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of external and internal clients, acts with client in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationships, and gains their trust and respect
* Written/Oral communications: Ability to speak and write clearly and concisely, get messages across that have the desired effect
* Hard worker & Team Player: No task too small. Getting the job done and exceeding client expectations is the key to integrating successfully into our team
* Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change, can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
* Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to others at all levels and uses diplomacy and tact
* Self-Starter: Able to start and complete projects independently
* Time Management: Use time effectively and efficiently, can attend to a broader range of activities, gets more done in less time than others
* Technically Savvy: Proficient in Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Project, Word
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL s investment in employees needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at http://www.us.jll.com/united-states/en-us/pages/careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Job 42648BR
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.