Hot Form Press Operator I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Hot Form Press Operator I
The following describes in general terms the purpose and scope of the position. Sets up and operates heavy duty power press to bend, form, and straighten metal plates, formed sheet metal, structural shapes, and weldments.
* Read, interpret, and follow work orders, mylars, check fixtures and other engineering data.
* Acquire required tooling by using internal procedures.
* Operate hydraulic and mechanical presses.
* Properly install dies into press.
* Adjust press stroke and tonnage.
* Operate automated argon system.
* Check own work and take first part to quality inspection.
* Collects SPC data according to the control plan attached to the work order.
* Makes any adjustments necessary to maintain quality parts within control limits for SPC.
* Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their work area.
* Other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
* Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Frequently required to walk.
* Occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
* Regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms and effectively communicate.
* Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Face shield, gloves, and/or arm sleeves must be worn when handling hot parts and dies.
* Working conditions are: 100% manufacturing environment.
* Regularly exposed to extreme heat and required to work near moving mechanical parts.
* Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
* Noise level is usually moderate.
* Safety glasses (ANSI Z87 compliant) required in all manufacturing areas.
* Hearing protection must be worn in designated areas.
* Face shield, gloves and/or arm sleeves must be worn when handling hot parts and dies.
* Safety Footwear shall be in accordance with the following: ASTM standard F2413-05 with minimum impact resistance, compression resistance and metatarsal designation ratings of 75 foot pounds (i.e. ASTM F2413-05 I/75 C/75 Mt/75), which are viewable on the inside tag of footwear.Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments in accordance with business needs, and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential function of the job.
Skills & Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the outlined experience level, education, training, minimum years of experience, product or industry knowledge plus any certifications in order to be considered.
* High School Diploma; up to 3 years related experience in job function and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience