Hotel Industry Relations Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Global Experience Specialists, Inc.
New York, NY
The role will focus on hotel sourcing and contract negotiations while simultaneously cultivating hotel and CVB partnerships. The HIRM will keep attuned with market and hotel trends to ensure delivering a strategic and compelling, high value hotel set tailored to suit each of our client s events. The HIRM is dedicated to his/her respective market/s whereby responsible for all events within those markets. The HIRM will work directly with the Account Executive (AE) and client to carry out the housing strategy while utilizing his/her hotel and market expertise.
* Source hotels utilizing Cvent web based application for onPeak event portfolio.
* Strategically recommend event hotel sets to client to meet event profile needs, demographic and revenue goals.
* Effectively negotiate hotel contracts in assigned markets.
* Source and contract for sports market
* Cultivate and Manage Hotel Chain Global Sales Office, Hotel Property and CVB relationships for assigned cities/regions/markets through communication, networking and property site visits.
* Discover and analyze hotel market trends and data to leverage onPeak s buying power to drive optimal hotel product offerings.
* Market industry networking and education programs
* Innovate and introduce cost effective and efficient technology solutions and processes
* Assist onPeak Partner Services department with contractual and hotel issues.
* Assist Accounting with outstanding hotel commissions from the hotel community.
* Utilization of project management application and other various onPeak | GES systems for managing and measuring metrics/volume
* College Degree
* 2-3 years experience in hotel sourcing, contract negotiations, hotel sales or meeting planning experience
* Effective and assertive negotiation skills.
* Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and analytical skills.
* Strategic, resourcefulness and proactive disposition.
* Ability to make thorough decisions in a fast paced environment.
* Positive attitude and team player.
* Upholding the overall goals and vision of onPeak.
* Proactive conflict management and resolution skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Suite products.
* Working knowledge of Basecamp and Cvent a plus.
* 5% of travel time throughout year
Equal Opportunity Employer, including vets and disability
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our workforce. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are a drug-free workplace, and where allowed by law, conditions offers of employment on satisfactory completion of a drug screen and passing of a background check.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or unable to access or use this application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.