House Supervisor / FT Days
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
El Paso, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 01512-16544
Days (rotating weekends)
To prescribe, delegate and coordinate nursing care provided throughout the hospital. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care. To assure that quality-nursing care is delivered during assigned shifts.
1. Assists in providing effective distribution and utilization of nursing personnel on a twenty four-hour basis.
2. Promotes positive customer service with external and internal departments.
3. Executes decisions in the absence of the Hospital Administrator.
4. Monitors and evaluates clinical practice standards within the Medical Center.
5. Understands all functional areas within the Medical Center.
6. Supervises and directs the provision of all aspects of patient care.
7. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
Minimum college: Associate degree, diploma in Nursing or BSN.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)
Current RN licensure in Texas or compact state,
BCLS certification required.
ACLS required within one year of employment or transfer to the department.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
2-3 years Charge Nurse experience.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Reads and writes basic English
Knowledge of body substance isolation.
Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners, managerial and employee needs.
Ability to complete ACLS training within one year of employment
Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 09/12/2016