This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
Under the direct supervision of the shift managers, this position will perform according to established procedures a variety of environmental service duties to maintain the hospital and adjoining buildings in a neat, orderly and sanitary condition.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintain all assigned patient rooms, ancillary areas and department areas in a clean neat and sanitary manner.
2. Maintains all assigned patient rooms, ancillary areas, department areas, clinic areas and corridors with the correct routine or preventative maintenanceprocedures as outlined in department policy or as requested.
3. Maintains responsibility for at10dance and punctuality.
4. Will complete all work in a timely fashion, and according to high quality standards.
5. Will maintain professional conduct at all times.
6. Demonstrates commitment to professional growth and competence by adherence to hospital and departmental annual training commitments.
7. Inspects own work and utilizes cleaning techniques/procedures as outlined in floor maintenanceprogram.
8. Will be efficient and safe in the use of housekeeping equipment and solutions as observed by Manager.
9. Utilizes electrical motorized floor equipment for routine maintenanceof resilient floors and carpets.
10. Will execute cleaning strategy as directed by leadership.
11. May function as an assistant in special floor care projects, and may function as a project leader for specific assignments.
12. Will provide routine cleaning maintenanceof all equipment used.
13. Expected to report all faulty equipment promptly.
14. Will assist in waste removal as assigned.
15. Demonstrates Service PRIDE Standards.
16. Will use appropriate ICARE customer service behaviors at all times.
17. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily including project floor care procedures. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This position does not require grade school graduation or equivalent in academic attainment, but it is preferred. Employee must be functionally literate with the English language.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS This position requires grade school graduation or equivalent in academic attainment, and verbal functionality in the English language.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS No previous experience but does require 4 days of thorough on-the-job training. Skills will be assessed to determine ability to caring-on independently.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED Membership in any Housekeeping Association will be viewed as a hiring advantage. The employer as deemed necessary will offer all other certifications on-the-job.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED 1.The position requires an annual skill assessment and re-certification for hospital procedure cleaning. 2. All assessment tools are executed and documented within the department.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.