This position coordinates the work assignments for the housekeeping staff including but not limited to room attendants, housemen, and turndown attendants, each day and answering guest and associate calls and dispatching work tickets appropriately. This position is also responsible for the day to day office operations for the housekeeping department.
* Open Housekeeping department.
* Respond to all phone calls/requests from guests and other departments.
* Monitor computer system, PMS, stats., synergy prompt response calls.
* Monitor office supply inventory and report any deficiencies to Housekeeping Managers.
* Maintain clear and efficient communication with the Front Desk and Engineering.
* Maintain cleanliness and organization in department.
* Dispatch specific requests to floor supervisors and runners.
* Oversee hourly housekeeping reports.
* Ensure extra rooms and rollaway beds are logged and paid accurately and on time.
* Maintain key inventory. Have keys remade when they are not working.
* Log and calculate outside labor hours to assist Housekeeping Management with accurate billing.
* Prepare paper work for next day opening and verify schedules.
* Complete any special projects that might be assigned.
* Knowledge of hotel, facilities and events.
* To ensure that hotel, guest and associates are maintained in a safe and secure environment.
* Previous housekeeping and/or other relevant hotel experience required.
* Communicate effectively with all departments and dispatch calls to appropriate discipline.
* Must possess basic computation and computer proficiencies.
* Able to set priorities for your section and provide feedback to others that enhances performance.
* Strong attention to detail, sense of urgency.
* Ability to work and perform effectively in a fast paced role.
* Maintain a professional business appearance, attitude, and performance
* Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays.
* Move, bend, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 75 pounds without assistance. Stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift. Requires repetitive motion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: