This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Omni Hotels & Resorts
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Housekeeping Houseperson cleans hallways, elevators, service areas, stairwells and public areas in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management.
* Receive assignments, priority requests, keys and supplies from Housekeeping management. Review assignments, retrieve and stock caddie/cart to ensure all supplies are available to properly clean. Turn in keys, properly store and secure caddie/cart and unused supplies at end of shift.
* Walk all assigned spaces at beginning and end of shift. Remove newspapers, service trays, empty ash receptacles, remove trash and/or linens and note any areas that require immediate cleaning.
* Clean public areas in accordance with policies, procedures and brand standards. Clean hallways, elevators, service areas, stairwells, etc. Perform quality check on public space televisions, telephones and lamps.
* Remove soiled linen, towels and trash and place in appropriate locations in the prescribed manner.
* Assist housekeepers with portable refrigerators, rollaway beds, cribs etc. as needed.
* Proper use of cleaning equipment and supplies.
* Respond to and resolve housekeeping requests and complaints by guests.
* Prompt reports to management of all emergencies, injuries, missing articles, damage, mechanical problems and safety hazards.
* Prompt turn in to housekeeping management of all articles left in public spaces for entry into Lost and Found.
* On time and at work when scheduled and in proper uniform
* Attend department meetings as scheduled.
* Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
* Report incidents of guest dissatisfaction or unusual matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
* Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager/supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
* Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
* Any other duties / tasks as requested by management.
* Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service
* Ability to comply with proper cleaning techniques, procedures and brand standards
* Ability to sit, stand, walk for up to 8 hours per shift
* Ability to push, pull, lift up to 100 lbs
* Past hospitality experience preferred
* Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills
* Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: