This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTo ensure Housekeeping Department cleans and maintains guest rooms and public space in accordance with client/guest expectations and HEI Standards of Product and Service.
* Oversees staff of room attendants, house persons, and inspectors by conducting daily and monthly meetings, inspecting staff work and giving guidance so that deficiencies are corrected and standards are met.
* Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline when appropriate.
* Arrange staff work schedules, determining days off, insuring staffing levels are based on occupancy and/or any current or anticipated projects. Submits payroll records, correcting errors to insure pay is on time and includes any purchased rooms, extra cleanup, cots, etc.
* Maintain and reviews computerized records for budgeting and forecasting of department expenses as well as inspection scores for housekeepers.
* Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned. Experience, Skills and Knowledge
* 2 years of housekeeping experience, preferably in a comparable hotel.
* Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
* Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals. Able to set priorities, plan, organize, and delegate.
* Written communication skills to be concise, well organized, complete, and clear.
* Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
* Command of the English language both written and verbal. Benefits HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits plan that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you! For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life Insurance and Short and Long-Term Disability. In addition, our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future. HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled