Housing Security Rover 8/23/2016
University of Arkansas
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES
The Housing Security Rover will patrol assigned areas of campus on foot to ensure security of all University Housing facilities, property, and residents: examine card reader doors, regular doors, windows, and gates of University Housing facilities to ensure security. This position will monitor University Housing facilities for unauthorized persons and/or suspicious activities.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
* Communicate effectively, coherently, and in a timely manner over radio, telephone, or by direct conversation all problems or concerns to Housing Service Center Dispatch: watch for and report irregularities, such as facility and safety hazards, emergency situations, and security breaches and report to Housing Service Center Dispatch
* Perform periodic checks of pole, building, and area lighting and report to supervisor; diagnose card reader door problems and report findings to Housing Service Center Dispatch
* Check University Housing facilities and property as requested by Housing Service Center Dispatch, supervisor, full-time housing staff, or UAPD
* Arrive to all scheduled shifts on time; notify supervisor ahead of time if unable to work a scheduled shift; and be willing to work with supervisor to accommodate scheduling needs
* Perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as required
Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job function of this job, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
* The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma
* Must be 18 years of age or older
DOES THIS JOB REQUIRE ANY LICENSE(S)/CERTIFICATION(S)*
IF YES, PLEASE SPECIFY
* Security experience
* Currently in Work Study Program
* Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Word and Excel
* Basic knowledge and experience with Google Email, specifically gmail
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAS)
* Clear communication skills via in person, telephone, and radio
* Good customer skills
* Ability to follow procedures set by the department
* Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Compliance 479-575-4019.
PHYSICAL CONDITIONS (HISTORICAL DATA)
Two open permanent shifts for Saturdays from 12 a.m. to 4 a.m. and 8 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Is this position weather/ event essential*
If yes, the employee in this position will report to work at the scheduled time when the University is closed due to inclement conditions. Yes
Fayetteville Campus - All Housing facilities
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE A MOTOR VEHICLE REPORTS CHECK*
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE A BACKGROUND CHECK*
IF YES, PLEASE SPECIFY
* Criminal background check
* Sex offender registry check
* Drug screening
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE A SUBSTANCE ABUSE TEST*
PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING REQUIREMENTS
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check, sex offender registry check, and drug screening. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.