Human Capital Management - Benefits & Wellness - Associate Medical Director - VP
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
Goldman Sachs Group, Inc.
Jersey City, NJ
The Associate Medical Director will report directly to the Goldman Sachs Medical Director. This person will work in partnership with the Goldman Sachs Benefits and Wellness leadership teams and the operators of our on-site medical clinics and medical case management functions to provide oversight for the firm on matters of medical policy, strategy, standards and practice.
The main areas of job responsibilities are divided into the following categories: clinical (e.g., oversight of disability leave management, medical liaison with other clinical services, and role of medical provider under certain circumstances); business continuity and crisis response (e.g., pandemic planning, travel health, disease surveillance); data analytics and metrics (e.g., review vendor utilization reports, assist in development of ROI and VOI metrics); wellness and benefits integration (e.g., population health strategy, claims escalations, and screenings/health assessments).
- Serve as physician manager for Americas occupational health and disability leave management (e.g., medical leave certification, return to work accommodations, fitness for duty)
- Provide global clinical guidance and oversight for environmental health related issues such as communicable diseases, air quality or other environmental concerns, liaising with health center and occupational health clinical teams, corporate real estate and the firm?s environmental specialist, among others, to ensure appropriate analysis is conducted and response plan is developed and executed
- Set clear global strategy and goals for disability management services that are evidenced-based; ensure highest level of governance, controls and risk management that align with goals and objectives of the firm. Provide clinical guidance to global OH teams
- Provide point of contact for escalation of other clinical services (e.g., EAP, patient advocacy, ergonomics, health centers) to manage stakeholders within the firm and Human Capital Management (the firm?s human resource function) for issues such as emergency response, mental health crises, policy approvals and exceptions
- Coordinate medical support for international meetings by Goldman Sachs management by working with ISOS, the firm?s Executive Office, Office of Global Security, and Events Management groups. Attend such events in a clinical capacity on an as-required basis
- In conjunction with vendor, evaluate individual practitioner clinical performance and performance related to provision of care and service
- Review and approve all standard operating procedures and protocols submitted by vendors providing medical services to the firm
- Work with Benefits and Wellness leadership to develop population health management strategy
o Identify integration opportunities between on-site Wellness offerings and insurance/health plan offerings
o Establish strategy to assess current employee health and wellness data and effectiveness of current and future programming; development of ROI and VOI metrics
o Implementation of incentives, health assessment and lifestyle / disease management strategies if appropriate
- Provide clinical insight and recommendations in various vendor management and vendor selection activities across Benefits and Wellness
- Provide strategic guidance and support on pandemic planning initiatives including regular surveillance, trend analysis, and review of response plans, firm policies and procedures, trigger based action plan and supply distribution plans. Act as clinical lead and key medical advisor for the firm during a crisis
- Liaise with Goldman Sachs vendor physicians, nurses, managers and health organizations globally to establish and coordinate clinical programs, corporate objectives, medical policies and strategies
- People Development - ability to mentor and develop others
- Project Management ? ability to lead and manage multiple multi-faceted projects from conception to execution
- Results Orientated ? ability to achieve results and maintain a high level of productivity on numerous cross-functional projects and initiatives
- Communication Skills ?excellent communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills with ability to lead meetings, create strategy documents and present to key stakeholders
- Relationship Building ? ability work effectively with others including consultants, vendor partners, external and internal stakeholders and senior leaders (stakeholder engagement)- Minimum educational requirement: MD or DO degree.
- Board Certified in Family Practice, Internal Medicine and/or Occupational Health.
- 3+ years minimum in Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Emergency Department, Ambulatory Care, or Occupational Health settings.
- Minimum 3 years management/leadership experience within the healthcare industry or corporate environment
- Experience as medical director in a corporate setting preferred
- Ability to be licensed to practice medicine in each state that Goldman Sachs maintains major business offices.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.*****