Human Resource Director
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/28/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description The Human Resource Director participates in the development of HR strategies and is responsible for the strategic implementation of HR strategies for Manheim Vehicle Solutions organization in a way that supports the business needs, promotes consistency in talent acquisition and talent management efforts, ensures operational excellence, and fosters engagement across the organization.
As a business partner to Manheim Vehicle Solution s leadership team, the Human Resource Director partners strategically and consults with the leaders of their assigned business area in order to implement effective and timely HR solutions. The Human Resource Director leads a team of HR professionals in the implementation of talent-related strategies and initiatives including: workforce planning, onboarding, training and leadership development, performance management, talent review/succession planning, employee relations, engagement/retention, HR analytics and HR compliance.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Human Resource Director leads, manages and motivates this team of direct reports who in turn provide more tactical HR support to their assigned business area. HR Director also works closely with peers in HR and in other parts of the business in order to achieve business outcomes and implement HR initiatives related to specific HR Center of Excellence areas such as compensation, talent acquisition and organizational effectiveness.
* Serve as a strategic business partner to assigned business leaders at Manheim Vehicle Solutions by:
* Strategically implementing consistent, best-in-class HR practices to support the roll-out of enterprise-wide HR strategies, initiatives and standardized business operations that will drive employee engagement and business results.
* Assessing current HR practices, analyzing HR metrics, and recommending areas for continuous improvement: identifying and implementing tools, techniques and processes that will drive business results.
* Consulting with various stakeholders to identify the talent implications of business plans, resolve talent-related problems, and drive and implement HR initiatives, programs, and policies.
* Lead and facilitate the implementation of talent-related strategies including workforce planning, onboarding, training and leadership development, performance management, talent review/succession planning, employee relations, engagement/retention, HR analytics and HR compliance.
* Collaborate with peers in HR and in other parts of the business in order to achieve business outcomes and implement HR strategies and initiatives.
* Work with peers in specific HR Center of Excellence areas such as compensation, talent acquisition and organizational effectiveness.
* Lead, manage and motivate a team of direct reports (managers and individual contributors) who in turn provide more tactical HR support to their assigned business area.
* Serve as a change agent and champion for the rollout of company-wide talent-related strategies and initiatives that support the success of the organization s growth and reinforce a collaborative, aligned, and engaged culture.
* Leverage analytics in order to make data-based decisions in partnership with business leaders regarding talent strategies and opportunities.
* Partner with, consult and train business leaders to support and effectively communicate organizational change to increase awareness, buy-in, and improve the speed by which the change is implemented.
* Leverage resources, including direct reports, to identify and respond to potential employee relations issues in a timely and effective manner. When appropriate, partner with Legal, conduct investigations, create action plans, and resolve issues to ensure equity among employees and limit organizational liability.
* Consult proactively with peers and business leaders in order to create strategies specific to their business that will minimize risk related to hiring, retention, employee relations, bench-building, etc.
* Ensure that HR processes are implemented and managed in a consistent, measurable and effective manner.
* Leverage resources, including direct reports, to ensure the implementation of fair and safe employment practices that mitigate risk, drive compliance, and create a healthy and engaging work environment.
* Partner with business leaders in the planning and conducting of business meetings, talent reviews, strategic plans, workforce planning, analysis of HR measures, etc.; ensure HR objectives are shared and delivered in concert with business operating objectives.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor s degree in business, HR or a related field or work experience equivalent.
* 5 years progressive experience in HR.
* 1 year experience managing HR professionals.
* Demonstrated understanding and application of Human Resources functional and technical areas including but not limited to Talent Management, Employee Relations, Employee Engagement, Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Change Management, Organizational Design, and Basic Employment Laws.
* Experience working with, coaching, and influencing senior leaders, executives, and employees.
* Proven experience in a leadership role in a growing, evolving organization.
* Demonstrated ability and experience working effectively in a self-directed, proactive, results-oriented, complex, fast-paced environment across all levels.
* Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
* Graduate degree in business, HR or a related field.
* HR certification such as PHR, SPHR or GPHR.
* 7+ years progressive experience in HR.
* 5+ years experience managing HR professionals.
* 2+ years experience managing HR leaders.
* Consulting experience.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
* Requires the ability to communicate both written and verbal; Identify and read reports, memos, emails and other documents
* Requires the ability to maintain attention to detail over an extended period as well as prioritize and complete multiple, complex tasks.
* Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
* Ability to travel (10-50% of the time depending on geography / business area)
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
* Normal office environment, where temperature, ventilation and lighting are controlled.
* Working with others across the organization, vendors and external business partners.
* Regular use of a PC (Microsoft Office Suite) and other office equipment.
* Exposure to moderate noise in the field.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. Committed to open choice and dedicated to strong partnerships, the Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader , Dealer.com , Dealertrack , Kelley Blue Book , Manheim , NextGear Capital , vAuto , Xtime and a host of other brands. The global company has over 30,000 team members in more than 200 locations and is partner to more than 40,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers, while engaging U.S. consumer car buyers with the most recognized media brands in the industry. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, Inc., an Atlanta-based company with revenues of $18 billion and approximately 55,000 employees. Cox Enterprises other major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications and Cox Media Group. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Primary Location:US-GA-Atlanta-6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Travel:Yes, 50 % of the Time