Human Resource Generalist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
IES Holdings, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
The Human Resources Specialist provides general and administrative support for the employment, benefits, employee relations and recruiting functions.
THIS POSITION WILL REQUIRE 25% - 50% TRAVEL
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assist with the development and implementation of recruitment and selection processes, including: generating applicant pools by identifying and establishing recruitment sources, conducting first round interviews and recommending and scheduling applicant interviews for managers.
* Coordinate any testing (skills, drug, background, MVD etc.), and complete the reference checking process in accordance with company standards.
* New hire orientation/paperwork and Exit Interviews.
* Plan employee relations events; i.e., the picnic, holiday party, etc.
* Administer the benefits programs, i.e., medical and dental insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, credit union, and supplemental insurance programs. Administration includes providing plan information, notifying employees of eligibility, census completion, record keeping and interfacing with the broker, etc.
* Monitor the compliance of company policy.
Evaluate employee issues and make recommendations to management ensuring that decisions are fair and consistent. * Other job related duties and special projects as assigned.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
* Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and help create, develop, implement and review project process improvement(s).
* Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
* Must possess proven problem solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentations(s).
* Must have the ability to analyze detailed information and maintain the confidentiality of information.
* Must be able to travel within the branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
* Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
* Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
* Must possess at least a Bachelor s Degree in Human Resources or a related field.
* Must have at least one (1) year experience in recruitment, selection and employee relations.
* Must have a minimum of one (1) year experience in benefits administration.
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As of the end of IES s 2015 fiscal year ending September 30, 2015, IES produced over $574 million in revenue and employed close to 3,000 employees at over 60 locations across the United States. From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to housing developments, our employees and design professionals design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
* Safety is Priority One and our record shows it
* Competitive Pay
* Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
* Company Paid Time Off
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term Disability Plans
* Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
* Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal and Pet Coverage
* Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs
IES is an equal employment opportunity employer.
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS. NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent with company policy and the company s obligations as a contractor to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law -EEO is the Law poster & EEO is the Law poster supplement, on the following URLs :
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request assistance.
IES Participates in E-Verify