Human Resource Generalist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
H.J. Heinz Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition ID
Human Resource Generalist
The Kraft Heinz Company is revolutionizing the food industry we will be the most profitable food company powered by the most talented people with unwavering commitment to our communities, leading brands and highest product quality in every category in which we compete. As a global food and beverage powerhouse, Kraft Heinz represents over $29 billion in revenue and is the 3rd largest food and beverage company in North America and 5th largest in the world. At Kraft Heinz, to be the BEST food company, growing a BETTER world is more than a dream it is our GLOBAL VISION. To be the best, we want the best best brands, best practices and, most importantly, the best people.
This is a role for someone who craves a global challenge balanced by the desire to be accountable for delivering against the model in the largest business unit for Kraft Heinz. It is both a strategic and a tactical position. Those that do not want to get their hands dirty or build out a function against a blank slate without buying pre-packaged solutions should not apply.
Under the direction of the Plant Human Resources (HR) Manager, the Human Resources Generalist is responsible for the day to day administration of HR policies and programs. The Generalist performs duties at the professional level in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, training, employee communications and engagement, recruitment and staffing, compliance and benefits administration. In this role, you will be asked to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for yourself, and have the ability to effect business goals and partner/participate in Heinz wide HR projects.
* Support HR team and client on human resource processes, including the following: workforce planning, annual reviews (performance/succession planning), compensation administration, organizational change/effectiveness, implementation of process improvement (Six Sigma / Lean/Heinz Global Production System (HGPS)), including change initiatives, planning, and facilitation; staffing and pipeline development
* Maintain all employee and applicant documentation as required by Heinz policy and governing agencies.
* Supports the HR team in working with corporate compliance and law department to ensure regulatory compliance in all aspects of HR including assisting in ensuring that the affirmative action program/EEO program is kept current and all compliance record keeping is up to date and accurate.
* Assist in developing and administering appropriate training opportunities that assist employees to further their personal, career, and organizational development. Including conducting orientation for all newly hired employees. Maintain records as needed.
* Assist in managing employee relations by investigating, resolving, and communicating in regards to employee questions, issues, or concerns. Determine and take appropriate action to resolve issues in a timely, appropriate, and confidential manner
* Coordinate and activate employee engagement and communication plans and activities
* Assist in championing employee wellness initiatives and drive through activities, education and awareness.
* Participate in the QRMP yearly audit and assist in the development of procedures and corrective actions.
* Accountable for the QRMP (Quality Risk Management Process) system and operational standards as outlined in the factory accountability list in order to achieve targeted RCR.
* Supports efforts to provide a proactive approach to maintaining current union free status or Supports efforts to provide a proactive approach to maintaining constructive relationships with the union including assisting with contractual issues (grievances, arbitrations etc) and negotiations process
* May assist with administration of employee benefits
* May maintain, update, or audit hourly employee work schedules
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor s Degree from an accredited university or college with a minimum of 4 years of experience in a human resources position); Master s degree in Human Resources or business administration from an accredited university or college (MHR, MLHR, MILR, MBA) strongly preferred;
* Minimum of one year experience in a Human Resources related profession.
* Possess updated knowledge of employment laws and practices.
* PHR or SPHR certification a plus
Excellent computer skills
Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality
Excellent leadership skills
Organizational and planning skills
Presentation and facilitation skills
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Strong and inclusive communication skills at all levels of the organization
Kraft Heinz Company, Inc. is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. As an equal opportunity employer, Kraft Heinz Company, Inc. is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the American s with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 847 646-6044 for assistance.