Human Resource Manager 8/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Human Resource Manager
Manages all areas of HR including recruiting, benefits administration, employee relations, training, development, orientation, data administration and documentation, talent management, HR compliance, and all related activities. Uses extensive experience and judgment to handle complex HR issues, as well to develop, recommend, and implement practices that align HR solutions with business objectives.
1. Internal Communication and Collaboration:
* Support and promote company core values of honesty, professionalism, respect, trust and teamwork and utilize the Ducommun Way methodology to achieve objectives.
* Drive strong employee relations through frequent and clear communications, clarity of expectations, and promoting positive relationships among management and employees.
* Partners w/ HR Business Partner and management team on strategic initiatives.
2. Policy, Procedure and Process Administration:
* Manages all HR policies and procedures for the operating center.
* Provides direction to employees and managers with escalated HR questions and complex employee relations issues.
* Ensures department compliance with all HR regulatory requirements.
3. Benefit Administration:
* Manages benefit programs within policy and regulatory compliance including assisting with general benefit inquiries and online enrollment, claims resolution, collection of required documents, invoicing and payroll adjustments, and communication
* Provides direction to other HR members to drive employee participation in company sponsored wellness programs.
4. Unemployment, Leave and Employment Exit Administration:
* Attends unemployment hearings as required.
* Manages leaves of absences, tracking of time-off and points (if applicable), and works with management on processes and procedures related to absence management and work accommodations.
5. Systems Support and Administration:
* Manages the use of HR systems such as the Self-Service Portal and Talent Management System.
* Manages HRIS data and interface integrity within SOX compliance including timely and accurate data entry of new hires, terminations, and other changes, as well as running reports and performing necessary audits.
6. Safety & Worker's Compensation:
* Support EH&S officer in the implementation of safety initiatives and requirements.
* Manage the worker's compensation process related to medical treatment, cost control and claim adjustor communication.
* Proactively support safety concerns and issues through collaboration with EH&S and operations.
7. Recruiting and On-Boarding:
* Carries out full cycle recruiting activities for all levels within the operating center.
* Administers onboarding activities including new hire orientation, collection of paperwork, and pre-emplyment screenings.
8. Employee Engagement and Recognition:
* Support and drive the employee engagement strategy to facilitate organizational performance and enable successful organizational change.
9. Talent Development and Performance Management:
* Partners with the HRBP and other managers to identify and execute employee and manager training initiatives.
* Communicate career path opportunities within the organizational structure and provide guidance to leadership on career planning discussions.
* Support and foster growth and professional development of talent in the organization.
* Support and participate in the talent management/development and succession planning process.
10. Continuous Improvement:
* Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in HR services performed.
* Engages and participants in HR related organizations (e.g., SHRM).
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university/college in business or a related area or equivalent years of relative industry experience.
* 3-5 years of professional experience in the HR field; manufacturing environment preferred.
* Proven track record of handling full range of support in all areas of HR.
* PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
* Able to rely on experience, judgment and knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures necessary to plan and accomplish goals.
* Demonstrated knowledge and application of employment law, recruiting practices, benefits, FMLA, ADA, EEO, related industry trends and new developments, and state and federal statues regulating human resources functions.
* Strong relationship skills - people management, meeting facilitation, presentation ability, collaboration and support.
* Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
* Computer literate in all Microsoft and Outlook programs.
* Experience with using and managing HRIS software and systems, preferably ADP systems.
* Ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities timely and efficiently within a rapidly changing environment.
* Excellent verbal, written, and interactive communication skills with all levels of employees, management, and business partners.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate and project company image necessary to effectively attract and retain employees.
* Organization skills, with emphasis on attention to detail.
* Team oriented.
* Understanding of confidentiality within the HR department.
* Ability to build trust and serve as an employee advocate.
* Conscientious, organized and meticulous - records must be accurate and maintained.
* Ability to read, understands, and communicates internal procedures and policies.
* Understanding of Behavioral Interviewing Techniques.
* Ability to learn the basics of manufacturing processes within the facility.
* Ability to create presentations and deliver training to employees.