- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Human Resource Generalist II
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
The human resource generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Leads recruitment effort for all salaried exempt and non-exempt personnel and conducts new-employee orientations and on-boarding.
Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
Create and maintain strong working relationships with supervisors and middle management team.Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing
Leads and participates on MTD Shelby teams including but not limited to; activities, interview, peer review board, and recognition.
Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
Deal appropriately with employee-related issues in a confidential manner.
Assist Safety Generalist with all plant safety programs and workers compensation rules and regulations.
Responsible for daily 6S activities, such as housekeeping, maintaining an organized and safe work area, PM, and any appropriate paperwork/check sheets.
Other duties as assigned
* Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of the organization, including the demonstrated ability to conduct training programs.
* Good problem solving skills and strong organizational skills.
* Intermediate PC skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
* Ability to use discretion, good judgment, and remain calm in difficult situations.
* Ability to make effective and timely decisions.
* Ability to work, succeed and contribute in a team environment.
Bachelor s degree (B.A.) or equivalent from a four-year college; or 2-3 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licenses or Certifications:
* PHR certification preferred
* Must be able to work in office and factory environments
MTD is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.