Human Resource Generalist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
Dairy Farmers of America
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY General Purpose:
Provide human resources (HR) generalist support for Springfield, Missouri facilities, to ensure consistency across all locations. Develop and maintain effective working relationships throughout organization to facilitate uniform application of HR policies, programs, and procedures. Recommend process improvement and efficiencies within scope of responsibilities to enhance HR function.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide counsel to managers and employees regarding HR policies, programs, and procedures to ensure compliance and support with company guidelines, employment law, and company culture.
* Assist in responding to employee relations issues with appropriate measures in a timely manner. Provide advice, feedback, and resources to employees and managers. Apply understanding of key legal precedents, policies, and practices to protect the interest of DFA and its employees.
* Process bi-weekly payroll for assigned employee group(s). Understand and apply wage and labor laws to payroll. Communicate with corporate payroll team as needed to investigate and resolve questions or concerns.
* Partner with representatives from corporate benefits team to ensure employees receive appropriate information on benefit enrollment, assist in coordinating onsite wellness initiatives, and help resolve questions or concerns.
* Administer required paperwork and assist in the coordination of Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Short Term Disability (STD), personal leave requests, and requests for American with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodation requests.
* Conduct onboarding of new hires to include preparing offer letters, complete background checks, schedule pre-employment physicals and facilitate new hire orientation
* Coordinate Worker's Compensation claims. Prepare monthly safety reports and annual OSHA logs for varies locations.
* Assist in recruitment process for non-exempt positions. Work closely with hiring managers as trusted advisor throughout recruitment process.
* Prepare reports for leadership team to support periodic, weekly, quarterly, and annual business reviews and annual business planning.
* Develop communications of HR programs, policies, events, and employee announcements to ensure consistent messaging according to DFA's purpose and plan.
* Ensure accuracy of employee status change transactions and employment verifications and accurate payment of tuition reimbursements, and other HR related billings.
* Maintain highest level of confidentiality related to organizational changes and other sensitive information related to HR job responsibilities.
* Lead by example, serve as company change agent, and adopt new practices, policies, and procedures. Model way of working within and in support of our core values.
* Exhibit the values and ethics of Dairy Farmers of America through honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
* The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee; but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.