Human Resource Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
VWR International, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Assist with certain Human Resources activities for Operations as directed by manager.
This is a part-time role (25+ hours per week) that is flexible to work around your school schedule.
* Assist the human resources team with the day-to-day responsibilities and participate in various projects across the business.
* Provide support to various human resources functions and initiatives.
* Assist in developing and maintaining human resources procedures, processes, and policies.
* Research and test tools, techniques, and best practices both internally and externally and share those findings with the human resources team and VWR business leaders.
* Facilitate and provide training support to the workforce
* Facilitate and participate in employee engagement events and committees.
* Assist the Human Resources Team with data requests, ad-hoc reporting needs.
* Communicate with business leaders on project and deliverable status.
* Assist the Human Resources Team with other duties, as needed
Experience & Skills:
* Knowledge of various human resources functions such as recruitment, employee/labor relations, compensation, benefits, training and development, and HRIS.
* Strong interpersonal, organization, and communication skills.
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools and ability to learn HRIS tools.
* Able to teach and transfer skills to team leaders, team members, and general audiences
* Can work with business leaders to uncover new project ideas and improvements to promote operational excellence across human resources functions
* Project management experience and the ability to lead multiple projects
* Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
* High degree of confidentiality and the ability to work independently
* Sound understanding of Human Resources principles
* Junior, senior or graduate student with a concentration in Human Resources, Employee/Labor Relations, Organizational/Industrial Psychology, and/or related field.
* Prior relevant career or project experience is a plus
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
* Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
* Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
* A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
* Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is the leading, global, independent provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers. With sales in excess of $4.3 billion in 2015, VWR enables science for customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. With more than 160 years of experience, VWR has cultivated a value proposition delivering product choice, operational excellence and differentiated services to improve our customers' productivity from research to production. VWR's differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 9,300 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
VWR s differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 8,500 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed.
We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR is a US Federal contractor.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit jobs.vwr.com.
For more information on VWR please visit www.vwr.com.