Human Resource Manager 9/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DEVELOP AND ADMINISTER VARIOUS INITIATIVES TO ALIGN WITH COMPANY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
1. Plan, organize and manage all activities of the HR department- work with payroll department on issues related to compensation and processing.
2. Responsible for recruiting efforts (drug screening, background checks, interviews, physicals and recommendations) Manage all aspects of recruiting, including posting jobs, actively sourcing, scheduling and conducting interviews, and developing overall talent acquisition strategies. Oversee performance management and review practices with supervisors.
3. Process HR requests, new hire, benefits, leave, termination and payroll paperwork ensuring compliance with labor laws and regulatory mandates; educated employees on same (FLSA, FMLA, EEO, ADA, I9, COBRA, as well as exit interviews upon termination.
4. Negotiate with senior management on health insurance and other supplementary renewals. Maintain that Section 125 plan is in compliance.
5. Conduct workplace investigations regarding employee disputes.
6. Create, document and educate employees on company policies, benefits plans, leave and labor laws.
7. Collaborate with management to determine and implement HR initiatives to enhance company culture, improve process efficiencies to result in increased employee retention. Establish a wellness program to promote health.
8. Act as point of contact person for DOL, BWC, and FLSA audits ensuring company was fully compliant
10. Represent company at unemployment and workers' compensation hearings, partnering with legal when needed.
11. Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed, and cost reduction
12. Partnered with senior management to a) identify capabilities gaps and remedial training needs, b) coach managers for employee performance improvement and corrective actions and c) create job descriptions.
13. Oversee random, post-accident and suspicion drug testing. Oversee workers compensationclaims and return to duty process.
14. Work closely with safety to insure proper reporting and procedures are being followed. Complete OSHA logs as required
15. Attend recruiting seminars. Work closely with agencies and minority associations to keep qualified candidates aware of job openings.
16. Maintain construction compliance certificates and perform reporting requirements.
17. Coordinate all yearly meetings required for safety including yearly drug safety meeting.
18. Maintain employee files and insure that all files are secure and adhere to all state and federal employment regulations.
19. Act as liaison between benefit providers and employees as needed.
20. Work with department managers on a daily and weekly basis to address hiring issues and employment policy issues.