Human Resource Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
Wayne Action Group for Economic Solvency, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Minimum: Bachelor's degree with a concentration in human resources, business or a related field; 3 or more years of leadership/management experience in HR administration, computer literacy and valid background clearance. Must possess strong knowledge of HR law including federal and state regulations. Must have experience in employee relations and possess strong oral and written communication skills. Must have valid NC driver's license and reliable transportation.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* With executive leadership, analyzes agency compensation policies and schedules to establish and maintain competitive rates and recommends updates in accordance to government wage and hour regulations and prevailing rates for similar jobs in comparable industries or geographic areas.
* Ensures adherence to all funding source requirements for staff education, certification and criminal record status as well as eligibility.
* With executive leadership, analyzes, plans and implements employee benefit programs such as health insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, worker's compensation, retirement, and other agency-sponsored plans.
* Prepares and communicates information to employees and former employees regarding benefit programs, procedures, changes, and government-mandated disclosures (including COBRA rights).
* Provides service to employees to answer their benefit questions, resolve problems related to benefit access or payments, orient newly-eligible employees, and process enrollment forms and changes.
* Maintain and track all employee medical leave in accordance with FMLA regulations.
* Maintains an appropriate personnel records management system (including but not limited to electronic filing of employee records) and adheres to requirements relating to the confidentiality of personnel records.
* Consults with Program Directors and makes recommendations to the Executive Director regarding any changes in policies and procedures in accordance with government regulations.
* Consults with Program Directors to develop job descriptions and essential duties of employees.
* Recruits qualified applicants, screens applicants, evaluates applicant qualifications, schedules and conducts interviews, administers tests, checks references and backgrounds, as needed in collaboration with Program Directors for positions in the organization.
* Conducts new employee orientations and ensures all applicable paperwork is complete for new employees, including benefit enrollment.
* Conducts job analysis to recommend appropriate salary levels for new and existing employees according to the Agency compensation schedule and guidelines.
* Advises management on compensation actions for employees in accordance with the law.
* Develops and maintains internal job posting system.
* Maintains data on recruitment activities, applicant pools, interviews, hires, transfers, promotions, and terminations in accordance with employment law.
* Recommends the design of and administers the employee performance review system.
* Advises and counsels supervisory staff in the resolution of employee complaints and personnel issues and mediates workplace disputes.
* Serves as the Agency's Equal Opportunity Officer and is responsible for investigating and handling all grievances in accordance with the Agency's Personnel Policies and Procedures.
* Provide recommendations and guidance to staff in the administration of disciplinary procedures including terminations.
* Serves as the Agency's Safety Officer and monitors workplace conditions and coordinates appropriate employee safety training programs and facility security planning.
* Consults with Program Directors and health care professionals to evaluate