Human Resource Manager 9/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description
The Human Resources (HR) Manager provides leadership and direction for all HR functions to achieve mill strategic goals through human capital. This is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support to our employees, union, and leaders. The HR Manager is a consulting partner to management on Human Resource related issues such as labor relations, employee relations, performance management, staffing, change management, and compensation. The successful HR Manager will act as a change agent for culture evolution and process improvement.
The HR Manager forms partnerships with management and union leadership to create superior relationships to facilitate the attainment of the organization s business objectives. The HR Manager is expected to maintain an effective level of business literacy regarding the business unit s financial position, and business plans. The role is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.
* Bachelor s Degree in Human Resources or related field.
* Minimum of 7 years of progressive human resources management experience.
* Experienced in leading and coaching leaders, (HR Managers at plant sites, and manufacturing leaders)
* Manage all labor relations functions including negotiations, grievance resolution, arbitrations, and the administration of collective bargaining agreements.
* Develop and maintain a positive partnership with union leadership to ensure sustainable business operations and results.
* Broad Employee Relations experience required.
* Demonstrated Mastery of all Human Resources functional areas
* Working knowledge of Workforce Management and Human Resources Information systems is required. Manage all compliance related issues including NLRB, EEOC, OFCCP, OSHA, and workers compensation matters.
* Experience developing and implementing Human Resources strategic plans.
* Demonstrated ability to develop strong collaborative relationships to garner support to achieve goals.
* Strong conflict resolution and performance management skills.
* Excellent communication skills. Demonstrated experience with effective Executive communications
* Comprehensive knowledge and applicable experience with compliance requirements.
* Develop and maintain affirmative action program; file EEO-1 report annually; maintain other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
* Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
* Administer compensation program; monitor performance evaluation program and revise as necessary.
* Perform benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, and communicating benefit information to employees.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.