Human Resource Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAeroFarms is seeking a Human Resources Manager reporting to the Chief Financial Officer with exceptional interpersonal skills, strong attention to detail, and great motivation and drive.
The candidate has superior work experience and a proven record of success.
AeroFarms is dedicated to enabling local production at commercial scale in different markets throughout the world. Specifically, we are focused on developing local farms that grow flavorful, safe, pesticide-free produce that can be easily traced from farm to fork through a simple and transparent supply chain. As we scale, we are looking for dedicated people who can help us address our global food crisis and fundamentally transform agriculture.
You will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will be responsible for administration of the company's Human Resources affairs. The position will require excellent communication and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
The position will experience significant exposure to various aspects of the company's business and to senior management through projects and assignments. Main activities to include:
* Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
* Maintain organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; identifying potential hires; performs screening interview programs; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
* Prepare employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
* Maintain a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
* Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; identify the need for counseling employees and supervisors.
* Liaise between employees and our benefits partner and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
* Work with our Co-employer to ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
* Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
* Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
* Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* Creates processes to ensure we are developing our people and are sensitive to their needs.
* Creates processes to identify who in the organization is performing well and who is not and how constructive feedback is provided.
The hard working, self-motivated candidate will possess:
* Solid academic record
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to collaborate with Operations, Engineering, Marketing and Horticulture teams to effectively achieve required outcomes
* Must be detail oriented and well organized
* Highly motivated - self starter