Human Resource Supevisor 8/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Zodiac Aerospace is a fast-paced, widely diverse and pro-active aerospace manufacturer that provides products and services for all major aircraft OEMs as well as all major airlines. Our Company thrives on the initiative, sound judgment and integrity of the employees. Zodiac provides structural and interior composite components to aerospace customers worldwide. At Zodiac Aerospace we work with a passion to do things right. This passion drives us toward delivery of error-free products, on time every time, with service second to none.
Zodiac Monuments US (ZMUS) is recruiting for a Human Resources Manager for our facility in Cypress CA.
This position will focus on the establishment, operation, and coordination of the human resources function, including acting as an advisor, administrator, counselor, and mediator to the company on all employee relation's matters and seeks to create an organization where each employee's work is a source of enjoyment and satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Maintains a fully functioning Human Resources Department, including employment screening and referral, group benefit administration, personnel record keeping, unemployment, compensation and worker's compensation, and immigration-related matters (i.e. employment visa, I-9requirements).
* Act as facilitator and trainer for leadership and management teams.
* Provide human resource services to employees through company policies and activities.
* Establishes and recommends revisions for management company procedures and practices concerning personnel and employee relation's matters..* Evaluate and analyze wage compensation for employees
* Develops written personnel procedures for management approval and publishes as directed, including the publication of an employee handbook.
* Work directly with brokers, insurance carriers and W/C adjusters regarding all benefit plans.
* Work with management on employee performance reviews, People Review Process and Succession Planning.
* Consults and assists management in the negotiation of employment contracts.
* Oversees the recruitment employment process.
* Represents management in grievance hearings as stipulated by the employment contract or local law.
* Advise management of all state and federal regulations.
* Establish, implement and track training for employees
* Develop and train human resources staff as required to maintain a professional department.
* Proactively encourages customer-oriented outlook within the operation that predisposes employees to take responsibility for client satisfaction.
* Develops and maintains employee relations program to include:
- Social events and sports activities
- Orientation of employees (welcome presentation)
- Career Development
- Affirmative Action Program
- Safety Program
- Emergency Plan
- Participate in any activities not mentioned above which may enhance the motivation, productivity and client satisfaction skills of the company's personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
* Oversees Human Resources staff.
* Has thorough understanding of these areas and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
* Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization policies and applicable laws.
* Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair-mindness.
BA degree and/or college or university program certificate and/or Human Resources Certificate.
Minimum of 3 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Manufacturing experience required.
Minimum of 1 year experience in a leadership role.
Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
Strong positive employee relations skills, problem solving skills, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, presentation skills, and organization and analytical capabilities.
Strong computer skills and intermediate experience with Microsoft Office programs i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Visio.
Self-motivated, proactive, and results oriented.
Work independently with high level of confidentiality, professional standards and ethics.
Demonstrate strong organizational and leadership skills in an office environment with in depth familiarity to company rules and office procedures. Possess good grammar and communication skills with the ability to work under pressure, set priorities and handle confidential and sensitive company matters.
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume with salary requirements. Local candidates strongly preferred. Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.