Human Resources Assistant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
MPR is seeking a human resources administrative professional to work with all members of the HR-team to support benefits, recruiting, onboarding and training, as well as general administrative responsibilities. The individual will be working in a small team that provides an opportunity for exposure to all areas of human resources. Ideal candidates will have a high degree of confidentiality, accuracy, independent judgment, and initiative. This position is a part-time, non-exempt position working 20-25 hours a week in MPR s Alexandria, VA, office.
MPR Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, who participates in EVerify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other classification as required by applicable law.
* Recruiting: Assist with all administrative tasks in support of recruiting and onboarding. This includes assisting with posting available positions, scheduling candidate interviews, coordinating candidate travel, creating interview packets, and processing new hire paperwork.
* Administrative/Communication: Provide general administrative support to the HR Group, including assisting with maintenance of employee/Human Resources files, updating the human resources database, updating forms and helping to maintain the HR intranet pages. The Assistant will also provide general assistance to employees who need support from HR.
* Employee Morale: Assist with social functions and other HR-sponsored activities.
* Training: Work in collaboration with others in HR to maintain training records for employees and course materials.
* High School diploma or equivalent required.
* Bachelor s Degree completed or in-progress is a plus.
* Knowledge and general interest in Human Resources is a plus.
* Good interpersonal skills dealing with a wide range of individuals.
* Diligent worker with self-initiative and demonstrated effectiveness in completing tasks in a timely manner with a proven ability to multi-task and deal with interruptions without losing effectiveness.
* Ability to work proficiently alone and in teams as well as possess an ability to manage multiple ongoing assignments.
* Strong organization skills and attention to detail required.
* Persistent, questioning attitude and ability to accept that in others.
* Excellent communication and time management skills.
* Ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
* Microsoft Office Software
* Proficiency with MS Outlook, Word and Excel required
* Proficiency with PowerPoint and Access desired
* Proficiency with Abode products, a plus.
* Knowledge of Visio and WebEx Conferencing, a plus.
MPR Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, who participates in EVerify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.