Human Resources Assistant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
STG International is currently accepting resumes for a Human Resources Assistant to support the General Service Administration in Auburn, Washington.
This posting is for future openings no currently available positions.
The following is a representative, but not all-inclusive, list of services the contractor will be required to provide and/or support:
* Review various employee forms for completeness; transmit HR-related documents to the National Payroll Branch and the Consolidated Processing Center.
* Create basic vacancy announcements in the online employment system (GSAjobs) for review by HR Specialists.
* Utilize the GSA Credential and Identity Management System (GCIMS) to initiate investigations of new employees and existing employees requiring a new investigation. Enter data into GCIMS and submit investigation packages to the GSA Security Office for processing.
* Monitor Security Inquiries.
* Utilize eVerify, an Internet-based system, to determine the eligibility of employees to work for the federal government (verify citizenship). Verify identification documents and enter data into the system.
* Process a variety of SF-52s and forward to the Consolidated Processing Center (CPC) for processing into the CHRIS system. Ensure nature of action codes and legal authorities are correct and in compliance with the Guide to Processing Personnel Actions. Perform quality control on the SF-52s sent to the CPC to ensure personnel actions are entered timely and correctly in the CHRIS system, following up with the CPC staff as needed.
* Substantively assist with new employee on-boarding. Prepare new employee paperwork; and perform new employee in-processing which includes answering a variety of questions and reviewing new employee forms for accuracy/completeness.
* Create, maintain, and monitor a variety of complex and interactive HR databases and documents (i.e. tracking budget, specific workload assignments, for a regional HR office)
* Create, maintain, and monitor a variety of complex and interactive HR databases and documents (i.e. tracking budget, specific workload assignments, for a regional HR office).
* Utilize HRIT systems to run basic or pre-established queries.
* Provide assistance to ER/LR Specialist by providing routine information, forms, instructions in response to inquiries
* Prepare and maintain case files and documentation.
* Records management, including identification of files to be destroyed, i.e., merit promotion case files, other staffing files, disciplinary case files, and general office files.
* Review of personnel forms related to the retirement and benefits process (e.g., benefit election forms, designation of beneficiaries, and financial and medical disclosure forms).
* Assist with submitting health benefit forms to insurance carriers.
* Assist with scanning and indexing of documents; this work could require familiarity with office terminology and practices; incumbent corrects copy and questions originator of document concerning missing information, improper formatting, or discrepancies in instructions.
STGi offers a Competitive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a generous PTO policy.
* Contractor shall provide technical support duties that require substantial knowledge of Federal HR regulations, policies and guidance.
Auburn, Washington, United States