Human Resources Assistant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Arnold & Porter LLP
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Human Resources Department of Arnold & Porter LLP has an opening for a Human Resources Assistant in the Washington, D.C. Office. The administrative responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Assisting with staff recruiting to include printing resumes, scanning recruiting documents into viRecruit, entering data, scheduling interviews, greeting candidates, preparing reports and assisting with job fairs.
* Processing employment verifications.
* Preparing orientation packets and orientation schedules for new staff.
* Assisting the Secretarial Supervisor with communication and notifications to Attorneys and ARC Support regarding the daily ARC Support schedules.
* Assisting with Staff Appreciation Week, Food for the Bar, Service Awards and other programs/events.
* Assisting with the staff professional development program logistics to include tracking attendance, reserving conference rooms, other administrative tasks, etc.
* Assisting with general administrative tasks and participating in projects as needed.
* Minimum of one year of experience in an administrative support position. Experience in a law firm, corporate or professional environment preferred.
* Advanced proficiency using databases, MSWord and Excel.
* Familiarity with PowerPoint is a plus.
* A minimum typing speed of 50 wpm.
* Two-year college degree or equivalent experience.
* Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks, with a sense of urgency, while maintaining high attention to detail and accuracy.
* Excellent organization and communication skills in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to demonstrate a high degree of trustworthiness in handling confidential and sensitive information.
* Strong customer services skills.
* Flexibility to work additional hours, as needed.
Arnold & Porter is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our Firm's policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, Arnold & Porter maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster. Arnold & Porter LLP is an EO Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability