Human Resources Business Partner (291167-836)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Come grow your HR career with an industry leader! Fantastic opportunity for a versatile HR professional looking to make an immediate impact!
The HR Business Partner provides counsel to Unimin's managers and employees regarding Unimin's HR practices, policies, systems, strategy and philosophy while supporting or enabling effective business and operational practices. The HRBP is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units and serves as a consultant to management on HR-related issues. The successful HRBP will act as an employee champion and change agent, assessing and anticipating HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our HR department and business management, the HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions. The HRBP formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization.
The HR Business Partner will be based in a major city in either the Southeastern US or southern portion of the Midwestern US. Charlotte, NC, Dallas, TX, Atlanta, GA and Oklahoma City, OK are potential locations for this position as are other major metro areas within the two regions.
* Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
* Significant knowledge of HR policies, processes
* Strong business acumen
* Significant knowledge of employment and labor laws and their application to Unimin's business
* Clear, comprehensive understanding of the link between talent HR initiatives and business operations
* Ability to develop clear, actionable steps in support of an overall business and operations strategy
* Ability to identify new ways for HR to support the business and operations strategy
* Ability to collect and synthesize large quantities of quantitative and qualitative data
* Ability to recognize trends and develop recommendations based on data analysis
* Ability to engage, inspire, and influence people
* Ability to develop and deliver relevant, effective training programs to targeted audiences
* Effective team player and networker
* Proficient in Microsoft Office
* Work with business and operations leaders to maintain a positive employee and labor relations environment. This would include working to resolve grievances, preparing for collective bargaining or conducting wage and benefit reviews for assigned facilities
* Help business and operations leaders to identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes
* Working with the business and the corporate training function to implement appropriate employee training and manage its delivery
* Review key business performance targets and their related talent implications with business leaders
* Facilitate long-term initiatives aligned with the strategic agenda
* Assist business unit leaders in providing employees with development opportunities that align with current and future performance
* Provide expert advice and coaching to employees when appropriate
* Understand and solicit employee opinions and anticipate their needs and concerns
* Review and benchmark the internal and external environment to improve HR policies and initiatives
* Identify and drive the sharing of best practices across functions to facilitate continuous improvement
* Act as a liaison between the line and HR to ensure that HR services are aligned with internal client needs
* Manage specific projects as determined in the annual HR operational plan and contribute to functional and cross-functional initiatives
* When called upon to do so, support HR activities as needed in the areas of immigration, recruiting, employee relations, training, compensation and labor relations
We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non-work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or other qualifying veteran.
We provide competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer
This position requires a substantial amount of domestic travel.
Education and Experience Requirements
* Bachelor's degree in business administration, HR management, or related field
* Graduate degree preferred
* Minimum of 8 to 10 years' experience resolving complex employee relations issues
* Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including employee and union relations, grievance & arbitration activity, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Unimin is an Equal Opportunity Employer